At Careem, we are driven by the purpose of simplifying the lives of people and building an awesome organization that inspires. Based in Dubai, we started our journey as a pioneer of the Middle East’s ride-hailing economy. Today, Careem is the region’s everyday Super App operational in 13 countries and over 100 cities. The Super App provides a host of daily services that people need to move around, to order things and to transfer money in one unified smartphone app. Our goal is to simplify people’s daily lives so that they can spend their precious time and mindshare on things that really matter and on realizing their potential.
About The Role:
Careem is looking for an experienced Elasticsearch front-end (user interface) developer with cyber operations experience to support development, installation, deployment, operation, maintenance and continued capability evolution of ELK Stack SIEM. A successful candidate will have a strong foundation in Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK), want to be part of a high-performance team and have a strong desire to learn, grow, and solve problems.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and be mentored by those who are building and securing our cutting-edge services.
A ELK Stack Developer at Careem is expected to build ELK Stack SIEM from scratch, integrate the log sources including the applications, define and optimize use cases and build custom dashboard. You are also expected to mentor junior developers and be a security thought leader for the organization.
ELK Stack Developer must foster constructive dialogue and seek resolution when confronted with discordant views.
- Support research, development, test, evaluation and operational support for software applications, translating operational requirements into technical solutions that provide novel cyberspace capabilities or modernize existing cyberspace capabilities.
- Focus will be on user interface design and development using Kibana
- Demonstrable proficiency in creating, debugging, patching, and maintaining software and/or applications in a variety of computer languages, including Python, C++, and Java. Kibana plug-in development is also required.
- Effectively use computer-assisted software engineering (CASE) tools, automated testing tools, and infrastructure as code (IAC) capabilities.
- Assist in integrating new/improved cyberspace capabilities into AF cyber operations platforms and weapons systems to support cyber CI operations, intelligence preparation of the cyber battlespace, and cyber effects operations.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills to assist the team in delivering high-quality products on time while continually identifying and mitigating risk factors.
- Be a proactive team player willing to improve others while continuously learning and identifying ways to strengthen the team. Read and support each project Team Charter.
- Demonstrate ability to make decisions, estimates, and recommendations under conditions of urgency based on good judgment, experience, and professional standing.
- Demonstrate ability to research and apply new tools, techniques and solution approaches. Continually learn and improve your skills through sharing with others and taking advantage of available training sources.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience software development, experience as Elasticsearch front-end (user interface) developer with cyber operations experience to support development, installation, deployment, operation, maintenance and continued capability evolution of ELK Stack SIEM.
- Experience in Python, C++, and Java
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective user interfaces and analytical dashboards using Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK).
- 2 - 3 years of experience working within DevSecOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing clean, readable, and secure code
- Administration of Kubernetes and Docker nice to have
- Experience in performing end to end Low level Design, Development, administration, and delivery of ELK/Java solutions
- Ability to perform data related benchmarking, performance analysis and tuning
- Expertise in Linux/UNIX
- Ability to work effectively within a team all teleworking from home, with virtual access to dev/test environment
- Working knowledge of cyber operations, cyber defense strategies and tools, and malware
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Competitive Compensation package
- Unlimited holidays
- Flexible working hours -We're a remote-first company!
- Mentorship and career growth
- Diversity: we have 70+ nationalities on board!