Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
At Careem, we are driven by the purpose of simplifying the lives of people and building an awesome organisation that inspires. Based in Dubai, we started our journey as a pioneer of the Middle East’s ride-hailing economy. Today, Careem is the region’s everyday Super App operational in 13 countries and over 100 cities. The Super App provides a host of daily services that people need to move around, to order things and to transfer money in one unified smartphone app. Our goal is to simplify people’s daily lives so that they can spend their precious time and mindshare on things that really matter and on realizing their potential.
About the Role:
A Data & Analytics Manager is one of the most informed colleagues in the company. Not only you track every performance related KPI but you are also responsible for aiding every department in their long-term objectives as well as everyday goals. You’re the go-to person for everyone; for someone as senior as MD to someone with specific roles such as associates. Your average day would require you to interact with multiple departments from various cities and helping them resolve their problems through data analysis, while also detecting pockets of growth that will enable Pakistan to hit its KPIs/OKRs
- To track the overall business strategy and analyze opportunities for growth
- Help build the market strategy by breaking market’s overall targets into baby step goals
- Improve reporting tools by building automated dashboards to provide better visibility to all departments and cities
- Assist departments in better decision making that are aligned against OKRs/targets
- Identify opportunities of growth through rigorous data analysis.
- Analyze performance against targets and budgets and provide recommendations to relevant parties
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Data Analytics
- At least 6+ years of PQE in a fast-paced industry
- Target driven and ability to drive meeting of very aggressive targets
- Strong commercial and analytical sense, sharp problem solver and ability to get things done
- Technology/e-commerce background and experience working in the region
- Proficiency in MySQL and Tableau is preferred.
- Excellent research skills, coupled with great written and verbal communication skills are a must, including the ability to communicate with non-finance people on finance processes
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with aggressive timelines
- Creative thinking to resolve novel problems while supporting the business