At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Join us in building a world-class institution in the Middle East and experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, to improve people's lives
The purpose of the Financial planning and analysis manager is to lead the market team in their growth planning and decision making based on thorough analysis. You will be accountable for providing strategic insights and solutions to decision-makers based on data analysis. This role will work closely together with the General Managers, Supply Managers, Marketing Managers and the Central Growth Team, providing insights and solutions to various growth issues and driving forward strategic direction. Strong collaboration with teams across Careem footprint is imperative to succeed in this role as most of the projects are cross functional in nature.
At Careem, we are laser focused on driving weekly growth for the company. This requires constant problem solving and extensive cross-functional collaboration.
- Provide strategic direction to build quarterly plans, translate them into monthly KPIs and support them with project managing weekly initiatives.
- Work closely with market GMs and central Growth team to identify growth bottlenecks across supply and demand funnel.
- Run data analytics to design out-of-the-box growth hacks and short-term initiatives to continuously oil the growth engine.
- Develop agile strategies and action plans to address dynamic market situations such as unanticipated competitive moves, mass campaign roll-outs, new product releases, etc.
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with stakeholders to build a comprehensive list of strategic requirements for sustainable growth in future.
Operations & Execution
At Careem, we want you to own your ideas, execute them, and analyze their impact to recalibrate and sharpen the growth strategy.
- Align market and growth function on designed growth initiatives, and proposed pilots required to meet the weekly targets and manage their timely execution
- Analyze the impact and sensitivity of initiatives to feed into the growth playbook of the market. This keeps the list of our initiatives effective and relevant per market.
- Act as a market ambassador for project management, cross-functional execution and KPI monitoring of global initiatives
At Careem, we believe in constant monitoring of our efforts to anticipate risks faster and remain ahead of the market.
- Model and track growth KPIs against daily, weekly and monthly targets
- Develop and implement effective reporting and assessment tools to minimize risk and proactively identify problem areas
- Develop a view on projected growth based on market dynamics, seasonality and funnel efficiency to feed into targeting and budgeting
The ideal candidate will be a hustler for achieving targets. He/she would be part growth hacker, part marketer and part thinker who has a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience across functions
- Must have Egyptian Market experience.
- Analysts at top-tier strategy consulting, investment banking or multinational firm is a plus.
- Strong spike in analytical ability, sharp problem solver and ability to get things done
- Target driven and ability to drive meeting of very aggressive targets.
- Ability to effectively trouble shoot problems and work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable.
- Must have experience in Advance SQL. Pyton and Tableau are preferred not essential