At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We're pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We're in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About the Team
We are looking for a strategic and commercial BI expert to become a core member of the Subscription Pricing team. The role will help drive performance of Careem’s flagship subscription program and build an awesome product that inspires
What you'll do
- Identify and monitor the performance of the program and its impact on the customer funnel
- Brainstorm, design and create insightful dashboards for performance monitoring and identifying trends
- Synthesize current business intelligence and trend data to support recommendations for action.
- Manage stakeholders and become the POC for insights on data related to subscriptions
- Help the commercial and product teams on identifying the right focus areas through data interpretation and analysis
What you'll need
- Excellent knowledge and strong track record working with relational database systems
- Proficiency in Excel, SQL. Python is a plus
- Experience with data warehouse and data marts
- Hands-on experience with both relational and dimensional database modelling.
- Experience working with multiple Business Intelligence tools, building reports and dashboards
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions, deal with loosely defined problems and fast changing requirements & think abstractly
- Ability to develop algorithms, create aggregation databases, build KPI reporting platforms
- Good to have familiarity with Big Data technologies (eg. Hive, Spark, Presto, Athena, Big Query)
Where you'll be
- Even though we are working remotely, we are strong believers in collaboration and the power of building social connections with our teams. For that reason, our offices are still open and provide plenty of collaboration-friendly spaces at times when teams need it or if you need a quiet space to work outside of home.
- You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation considerations, you will need to be based out of the country you’re hired from as your primary work location.
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day