Senior People Engagement Partner - Careem Pay
Careem is the internet platform for the greater Middle East region. A pioneer of the region's ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include mass transportation, delivery and payments to become the region's everyday SuperApp. Careem's mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting organisation that inspires. Careem was established in July 2012, and was acquired by Uber in 2020. Careem operates in over 100 cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million employment opportunities in the region.
What will be keeping you busy?
In this particular role you will help design, execute and support the people strategy for Careem Pay, the Fintech division within Careem, by identifying and researching issues/challenges; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations in line with Careem’s purpose, values and goals.
You will support leaders by providing direction, advice, and counsel on people's matters/challenges whilst ensuring that our tigers are capable, engaged and fulfilled in their roles.
This role reports to the Director of People Engagement. This role has a high level of autonomy to operate in conjunction with the MDs, Functional heads of Enabling Functions and People team COE (center of expertise).
Also expect to:
- Providing strategic partnership and counsel to business leaders at Careem Pay to ensure org health and increased engagement during high growth phases and future steady state
- Partnering with leaders on building out new and/or rapidly growing teams across several geographies, including UAE and KSA, potentially Pakistan
- Collaborating with COEs within the People Team to design and implement programs across the Careem Pay org, especially around Talent Attraction and compensation for Fintech talent
- Coaching and developing leaders at all levels within the Careem Pay org to help enhance leadership capability
- Utilizing data and analytics to inform key business decisions. Analyze and leverage people data to identify trends and recommend solutions that improve outcomes in all areas of talent management.
- Provide business leaders with data, findings, and recommendations of the respective org’s health by assessing trends in performance, span of control, employee engagement, manager feedback, attrition and turnover, etc.
- Provide expertise in designing and delivering targeted solutions including strategic planning, change management, and team building. Develop the future approach to talent including skills and cost based location strategy, future skills, employment models, etc.
- Bachelor degree in HR Management, Organizational Psychology with a Masters /MBA preferred. CIPD or certification preferred
- 8+ years of experience in an HR generalist role with leadership responsibilities, preferably in a high tech environment
- Experience working with dispersed teams, and driving organizational change initiatives and developing talent management plans for a global organization
- High levels of resourcefulness, influence/organizational savvy, execution skills (strategy through implementation) as well as executive presence/impact
- Strong business acumen and ability to work well across different functions in order to integrate HR and business strategies
- Strong desire to help others and intellectual curiosity about people and organization challenges
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently
- Effective influencer, communication, and interpersonal skills; great listener
- Analytically driven; fluent with data-driven analysis
- Comfortable working in a constantly changing environment
- Experience in helping organizations scale while maintaining core cultural values
- Understanding of cultural norms, traditions, and working with diverse teams