Store Operations Manager
About the Role
Careem Grocery is on a mission to reinvent the way people shop for grocery, pharmacy and retail products. As an exciting new vertical within Careem (a startup within a startup), we’re in the early stages of building our product and have plenty of interesting and fundamental challenges to solve in order to achieve our ambitious growth goals in this burgeoning space.
As a Store Operations Manager, you’ll own the operations for our dark stores within an area, including building and leading our store teams, developing and improving operational processes, and feeding strategic inputs up to our central teams. This is a unique role with the opportunity to create genuine impact for the lives of everyday people in our region.
We’re looking for someone who is an operational wizard and can construct processes, from the ground up, which bring order to the chaos of a fast moving and dynamic business. Our ideal candidate is someone with a strong set of fundamental business skills - analytical ability, business acumen, strong communication, project management and team leadership.
What you‘ll do
- Store Operations: Own operational performance for all dark stores within your region. Analyse store performance and determine how we drive sales while nailing user experience. Balance your time between analytical and strategic thinking, and on-ground operations. Be willing to lend an extra hand to the store teams as necessary.
- Develop & Optimise Processes: Monitor service experience and health, and in-store operations and challenges, to identify the biggest operational gaps, inefficiencies, and risks, and drive solutions in collaboration with various teams as required. To do so, you need to interpret and transform data into insights and break down operational and logistical problem statements to form tangible action plans. Scale this impact across markets by defining and driving implementation of best practices.
- Lead Teams: Hire, develop and motivate a team of dark store supervisors across cities.
- Product Development: Keep a keen eye out for new features to improve our operations and users' experience. Partner closely with Product Managers to understand and align the roadmap and individual features with business strategy commercial realities. Act to unblock any challenges to keep us moving at pace.
- Program/Project Management: Be a resourceful, go-getting multitasker, supporting or driving large, cross-functional initiatives across a variety of areas (product, ops, sales, marketing, etc)
- Develop Relationships: Foster strong relationships with markets and functional teams to ensure efficient and productive working relationships. You will be the point person for your stores across various teams.
What you’ll need
Successful candidates will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer centricity, and a strong alignment with our core values and purpose.
- Relevant and proven experience in tech, operations, consulting, business intelligence, PMO and/or strategy. Ideally coming from a start-up background.
- Solid stakeholder management and communication skills with exposure to senior partners, cross-functional teams and global teams
- Strong analytical capabilities, mastery of Excel is required. Bonus points for technical ability in SQL.
- Experience in defining solutions to complex, strategic topics with a deeply analytical and structured approach to issues
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
- Self-starter - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
- Willingness to travel - you may support dark stores across various cities or countries.
- Urdu or Arabic proficiency is a plus