Careem is the everyday Super App for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem, which was recently acquired by Uber is expanding services across its platform to include payments, food delivery and more. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 100 cities across 13 countries and has created more than one million income generating opportunities in the region with headquarters in Dubai and Berlin, and offices around MENA.
About the Role
Careem Pay is a critical enabler of Careem’s Super App vision, and a business with massive potential outside the existing Careem ecosystem.
Careem Pay’s vision is to become the leading digital financial services platform of the region serving consumers, partners and merchants. Our purpose is to empower people to lead better lives by simplifying their payment experiences and access to financial services.
As an early-stage start-up within Careem, we’re looking to build a team of energised, start-up-minded and ambitious colleagues who are super excited to launch Careem’s foray into the massive fintech opportunity in the region
This role is based out of Karachi/Lahore/Islamabad, Pakistan as part of the Careem Pay marketing team and will be responsible for developing engaging, relevant, and clear content to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate Careem Pay’s users and potential users.
You are wordsmith with a passion for great copy and the ability to achieve it. To be successful in this position, you should be a self-starter, be capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas, and show amazing attention to detail. You will work closely with the rest of the marketing team on creative ideation and execution. Your primary role is to execute on brand, refreshing, and creative copy for various channels and audiences.
- Have a strong grasp and adhere to our copy guidelines, and be able to call out instances where we have failed to do so
- Contribute to ideation for campaigns and various creative materials across paid, owned and earned channels.
- Simultaneously execute on multiple design briefs spanning weekly content for email, social media, and digital, as well as one off campaigns
- Producing copy to be used in static, animated and video content that effectively communicates key value propositions to their target audiences.
Key Requirements and skills
- Minimum of 4 years as a copywriter (agency experience is a plus)
- A strong portfolio of campaigns, publications or other examples of exemplary written communication
- Ability to work methodically under pressure in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining high standards and meeting deadlines.
- Experience in writing for digital platforms (FB, IG, TikTok, YouTube etc.) or running/managing a social media page is a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the design team and ideate as a team - the mindset that copy and design together make for a solid idea, and writing idea based copies that inspire great design.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work just as easily in a team environment as you can autonomously.
- Ability to provide and receive feedback, and support and sharpen the creative briefs by not being afraid of asking the right questions
- Strong written and verbal skills in English (other languages such as Urdu or Arabic are a plus)
- Experience working with digital products that require combination of educational and “fun” content