Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem has since, expanded services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation as well.
Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Partnership Manager to assist in executing the partnership agenda and strengthening relationships with government agencies, companies in the telecom, financial services, logistics, and travel industry. The person is this role has a distinct opportunity to make a tremendous impact on the region and the trajectory of the company.
The person in this role will work closely with the General Manager to prioritize and structure the partnership agenda and to manage the day to day requirements of key accounts. The person in this role will also work closely with local marketing and operations teams to ensure flawless execution of partnership initiatives, and closely with DG & RM teams to collect data for analysis.
At the Careem Business Development Team, we are spurred on by the impossible. We believe that if a partnership does not directly impact Careem by building the customer base, driving demand, or giving customers another reason to use Careem, then it shouldn’t be on our agenda. We are focused on partnerships that drive distribution, enhance customer engagement, and improve enablement opportunities for new users that will elevate our position as this region’s first SuperApp. We want to be creative in all we do, and the very nature of creativity is coming up with things that have never been tried before!
Key accountabilities include:
- Ability to manage and satisfy partner requests within agreed time-frames
- Effectively execute of all BD initiatives with partners
- Align with all key stakeholders (Marketing, Operations, Demand Growth, BI, etc…)
- Tabulate and present key findings on partnerships for further insight
- Measured by Impact (trips, new users, gross revenue, impressions)
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- Strong sales, business development, partnerships, or marketing background
- Diversity across various industries
- Strong command of Google Suite & Microsoft Office
- Comfortable to present in front of large audiences
- A solid understanding of company’s market: products, players, technologies
- World class communication skills: ability to express oneself with clarity is vital to the success of any BD professional