Data Analyst II
Based out of Dubai
At Careem, our mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and create an awesome organisation that inspires. With this vast mission statement, we started by improving transportation and delivery in the region, and now we are expanding into Payment and we’re launching a super-app, hosting multiple Careem and 3rd-party apps, to further simplify and improve people’s everyday life.
We built the first multi-billion dollar tech startup in the MENAP region. The first line of code was written in Pakistan and we built on it further in Dubai and Berlin. We operate in 100+ cities across 11 countries. We joined Uber officially in early 2020. We grew and attracted top global talent and grew a culture for bold ambitions, shooting for the moon, innovation with tight constraints, and being Careem/gracious.
The Careem Analytics team’s mission is to build and track the full lively picture for Careem businesses and experiences, uphold the experience bar, provide actionable insights, formulate problems and contribute to solving them. As part of this team, you will be a core team member fulfilling this mission. You will be working alongside the top analyst talent of the region, leveraging modern analysis and visualization tools to solve the region’s day to day problems.
What will you do?
- Act as the first point of contact to provide concrete data-driven insights to answer business questions for your squad
- Create compelling presentations and dashboards which tell a story by leveraging our data, engineering best practices and various reporting tools at Careem
- Always push the envelope through continuous improvement of insights we generate, presentations we make and our reporting solutions
- Act as an inspiring role model and mentor for the junior DA in your allocated squad. Give insightful and actionable feedback for their improvement / career development
- Develop trust based relationships with your stakeholders. Co-create the product and commercial roadmaps for your squad by working very closely within your squad
- Gain subject matter expertise and help define appropriate key metrics for the business unit and discover untapped areas for growing the business for your assigned squad
- Experimentation launch / analysis - you will design A / B tests, F-Tests etc. and analyse the data once it is available. You will need to identify the right test to use, right sample sizes which will be needed for a conclusive answer
- Develop deep understanding and familiarity of our data tech stack - DWH tables, data structures etc. You will also work very closely with DWH + Data Engineering team to partner on projects relating to ETL pipelines, data accuracy and building trust in our data
- You will need to leverage knowledge of advanced statistics and machine learning to solve business problems relating to CLTV improvement, customer / captain segmentation, reducing customer / partner churn etc.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience working in an analytical role
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience with business intelligence and visualization tools creating management dashboards
- Strong experience in leading cross-functional teams and projects from a technical and data analysis perspective
- Expert at writing SQL queries against large amounts of data, strong analytical skills and a passion to work on problems that involve large datasets
- Self-starter with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Must be process orientated and a logical thinker with good attention to detail
- Working knowledge with reporting tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy or Looker
- Working knowledge in Python, R, Spark, Hive
- Experience ETL (Extract Transform Load) is a plus
- Experience working with dimensional data, data lakes is a plus
Flexible working hours
Mentorship and career growth
Diversity: we have 70+ nationalities on board!
…Oh, and also, we’re looking for someone who can take ownership and who shoots to the moon and beyond. Is this you? We’re looking forward to seeing your application! 🚀
#YallaLetsGo #Careem #BeCareem #ToTheMoon