Do you want to help build a world-class institution, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
People Operations Specialist
Careem is the internet platform for the greater Middle East region. A pioneer of the region's ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include mass transportation, delivery and payments to become the region's everyday SuperApp. Careem's mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting organisation that inspires. Careem was established in July 2012, and was acquired by Uber in 2020. Careem operates in over 100 cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million employment opportunities in the region.
What will be keeping you busy?
We have bold and ambitious goals to drive a critical change in the way we provide services to our Colleagues and our Leaders - transitioning to a new best in class HRMS that will empower our people through self service. A core focus of our People Operations & Systems Team which this role will be a part of.
The heart of our colleague's experience journey sits in the remit of this role holder. You will be responsible for looking after our Pakistan colleagues alongside a team of like minded people operations gurus spread across all of Careem’s markets and verticals. You will be part of a team crafting, developing and maintaining all people processes that impact our colleagues on a day to day basis.
- Provide excellent levels of service across various colleague relations topics, both internally and externally (including onboarding and offboarding, colleague support queries, medical insurance and dependants requirements etc).
- Support and advocate implementation projects of best practice across wider teams, working closely with People Engagement Partners/Directors on project related assignments.
- Oversee and be the main point of contact for the Pakistan market’s colleague journey, including workflows, taking ownership of required outcomes.
- Support centralized onboarding process ensuring new colleagues receive respective contracts and information on time and to a high standard.
- Manage timely turnaround of new joiners welcome packs, documentation and data quality.
- Proactive troubleshooting of areas requiring improvement reviews or assessment.
- Ensure all colleagues are compliant with internal policies, including local employment law and tax regulations.
- Issue invitation letters for colleagues traveling from other markets when required.
- Handle written requests received from colleagues regarding policies and procedures by accessing various systems to obtain required information.
- Assist team in developing recommendations for process improvements, focusing on simplifying access and globalizing practices (where possible).
- Accurately document all colleague interactions, both internal and external using available Case Management tools.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all colleagues and teams.
- Work closely with the wider People, Legal and Procurement teams to fulfil task needs.
- Be an owner of workflows, be of service to our colleagues and shoot to the moon and beyond to continuously improve our practices.
- 3+ years experience within a people team environment, managing core work processes for employment life cycles.
- Ability to work on competing priorities and proactively manage stakeholders.
- Previous experience in a fast paced, output focussed and matrixed organization (remote or dispersed working teams experience will be advantageous)
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail and a track record of following through on commitments.
- Strong understanding of employment life cycles.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with Oracle, Workday, Greenhouse and/or Enboarder will be advantageous.
- Must be driven, ambitious and not afraid to speak up to meet a heavy change agenda.
- Bachelor’s degree or experience equivalent in Business or HR/People practices is beneficial.
- CIPD certification (any level) would be advantageous.
- Must be fluent in both Urdu and English (written and spoken).
- Additional languages are a plus.
#YallaLetsGo #Careem #BeCareem #ToTheMoon