Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 100+ cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region and hosts over 35 million users.
A pioneer of the region’s ride- hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation to become the SuperApp of the region. Partner platform is a team that enables demand, logistics and payments. The vision is to build a unique partner platform that unifies all Careem service under one umbrella/product that helps increase and scale our partners engagement unlocking new opportunities.
About the role
Your job is to lead and grow the partner platform engineering team. You will work closely with product and engineering leaders across Careem to ensure alignment around engineering challenges and opportunities.
- Lead a team of software engineers in implementing high quality services including design, development, and deployment of new business functionality.
- Allocate available resources to meet operating objectives. Interact with direct reports, customers and peers to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
- Assist your team in developing roadmaps for system and product growth, then identify, plan, and execute projects to support that growth.
- Participate in code review and technical whiteboard discussions. Support trading off technical debt versus the pace of progress.
- Collaborate closely with leads and EMs working on different components across the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- Strong software engineering skills with strong competencies in design & architecture.
- Experience in Spring Boot, Microservices, and RDBMS.
- Deep understanding of how to build scalable distributed systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Several years of serving in either an engineering management role or a senior engineering team lead role.
- Experience solving large-scale engineering challenges.
- Openness to new / different ideas. Ability to evaluate multiple approaches and choose the best one based on first principles.
- Proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity, with only high level direction.
Nice to have:
- Experience in web development / ReactJS.
- Experience with Amazon AWS services.
- Experiences with Docker/Kubernetes.
- Experience with Kafka.