At Careem, we are driven by the purpose of simplifying the lives of people and building an awesome organization that inspires. Based in Dubai, we started our journey as a pioneer of the Middle East’s ride-hailing economy. Today, Careem is the region’s everyday Super App operational in 13 countries and over 100 cities. The Super App provides a host of daily services that people need to move around, to order things and to transfer money in one unified smartphone app. Our goal is to simplify people’s daily lives so that they can spend their precious time and mindshare on things that really matter and on realizing their potential.
- Support sourcing and procurement activities that support key business objectives.
- Implement best practices in procurement and supplier management to support commercial and operational objectives.
- Ensure the execution of standards, controls, policies, procedures and performance metrics to effectively and efficiently manage the acquisition and reporting of third-party spend across the company.
- Lead rigorous and objective contract negotiations with key internal stakeholders, legal department and support groups.
- Conduct business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost down and improvement opportunities.
- Identify areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results.
- Maintain strong working relationships with strategic suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met.
- Build market intelligence capabilities within the category management team on key markets, suppliers and solutions to support strategy development purposes.
- Update procurement strategies based on changing market conditions.
- Support in executing the procurement strategy including spend analysis, industry benchmarks, and transformation objectives to deliver optimized purchasing and hard cost savings across functions and locations.
- Create clear, detailed reports against benchmark KPIs to articulate spend at granular levels.
- Sourcing and vendor management: Vendor sourcing, evaluation, competitive bidding and negotiation. Experience in vendor management system to drive continuous improvements.
- Transformation and systems: Integrate best-of-breed procurement system to automate procurement, bidding, and reducing operating costs in procurement
- Cost saving and controls: Support and Drive adoption of tools and processes to increase turnaround times, eliminate non-compliant purchasing and reduce costs significantly while managing rapid growth.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics or related field
- 2+ years of experience in procurement from telco, retail, FMCG, tech industry preferred
- Results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration, development and compliance
- Strong communication skills, Outstanding team building and leadership skills
- High emotional intelligence - able to build required vendor relationships into partnerships, even after a tough negotiation will be on friendly terms with suppliers/vendors and internal stakeholders
We're looking for someone who can take ownership, who is of service, and who shoots to the moon and beyond. Is this you? We're looking forward to seeing your application! What do we offer you? Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, a flat hierarchy, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and the latest technologies, and full ownership!
#YallaLetsGo #Careem #BeCareem #ToTheMoon