Careem is the leading technology platform of the Greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding its services across its network to include payments, delivery and is quickly becoming the region’s only everyday Super App. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 100 cities across 14 countries, has created more than one million job opportunities in the region, and hosts over 30 million users. Careem became a wholly owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020.
Careem launched its operations in Kurdistan in March, 2019, and has since then become the largest technology company in the region. To date, we have created job opportunities for thousands of Captains and served hundreds of thousands of customers in their every day lives. Join us in building a world-class institution in Kurdistan and experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, to improve people’s lives.
Planning and executing marketing and social media campaigns for Erbil, and working closely with the broader teams including partnerships and digital to support the business and maximize profitability growth.
You will be leading Careem’s marketing activities on the ground in Erbil covering a wide array of marketing strategies and channels. This is a great opportunity to hone your skills to become a great marketer in a stimulating environment that rewards performance and growth.
The role reports into the Marketing Manager.
- Executing the quarterly marketing plan and taking part in developing quarterly strategies
- Managing, coordinating and aligning with internal stakeholders (finance, legal, etc) and external media, creative and production companies to execute the marketing plan
- Owning marketing activities calendar and keeping track of projects and ensuring timely delivery of tactical and brand campaigns in alignment with partners
- Monitoring campaign objectives and spending and evaluating campaign performance: reach, engagement, trip volumes, etc
- Building and briefing social and digital content
- Managing content of local pages of website
- Basic copywriting for marketing collateral and liaising with copywriter team
Key Performance Indicators:
- Ability to manage the execution of the complete project from planning to timely delivery
- Ability to learn fast and take ownership of projects and KPIs ensuring budget in kept in check and stakeholders are involved as needed
- Interest in contributing to building a strategy and driving new and effective ideas
- Demonstrated collaborative attitude, both internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Business is preferable
- 1-2 years of experience in Marketing and or Social Media
- Proficiency in speaking, writing, and reading Kurdish and English (Arabic is not required but good to have)
- Proficiency in Excel/PowerPoint
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong aptitude with numbers
- Strong time management and prioritization ability
- Team player
- Deep knowledge of the Kurdish market