REPORTS TO: SR MANAGER INTERNAL COMMS
The Junior Internal Communications Copywriter will be Careem’s internal journalist and will have the opportunity to work with all parts of Careem’s business in order to tell the best stories internally and externally. They will be responsible for writing and editing engaging, quality articles, interviews and business updates to inspire and reach all 1,200+ colleagues in 14 markets. They will also help drive impact with the external communications and wider corporate affairs team by writing content for executive communication, thought leadership, website and blog copy, press releases and scripts. They will build relationships with key stakeholders in the business to research and identify exciting angles for content.
- Write, edit and create content for our internal and external platforms aligned with overall Corporate Affairs objectives in the form of news articles, business stories, product launches, customer-facing blogs, thought leadership and more.
- Become the champion of Careem’s unique tone of voice and help colleagues across the business strengthen Careem’s brand with accessible language.
- Use passion and the strength of written content to keep colleagues informed and engaged with our business and company strategy.
Strategic and engaging writing
- Be creative and write long-form content, at times under short deadlines, for internal and external campaigns and initiatives ranging from articles about business launches to a colleague programme launch announcement to be distributed through channels such as the intranet, newsletters, company blog and website.
- Be an internal journalist in the company by reading, researching and speaking to stakeholders across the business to understand complex stories and then write about key strategic initiatives, launches, programmes and more in an easily understandable and engaging way.
- Connect with Careemers to write real stories about our colleagues, Captains and communities and support narratives about our purpose and values.
- Be the champion of Careem’s friendly and light tone of voice internally and externally on all platforms.
- Think outside the box and find new ways to drive the company’s strategic narratives in a Remote-First environment with new content series and videos, memes and interviews.
- Create, write and find engaging stories from across our markets and business verticals to populate our intranet and newsletter.
- Collaborate with the internal comms team on written content creation for internal campaigns and launches.
- Manage content creation of articles for the news section of our intranet site, write content for major business sections and edit and support with copy for team pages in line with the overall internal comms and intranet strategy.
- Create and edit engaging posts for our company-wide Slack announcement channel using text, images and gifs.
- Support the internal comms team to ensure that our principles of right message, right time and right people is applied to all channels.
- Collaborate with the design team to manage the creative design of the newsletter and other pieces of content produced.
- Support internal comms events by moderating as the host or interviewer when needed.
- Write and support the development of our thought leadership and executive content series.
- Collaborate with business topic owners to write customer-facing articles for the Careem blog.
- Be an editor and writer for the Careem website and help keep content up-to-date with business verticals and objectives.
- Liaise with the external comms teams in the markets for business launches and global press releases.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- 3 years of experience as a communications professional, journalist, content writer, or copywriter.
- Background in communications, publishing, marketing, agency, business preferred but anyone with the relevant skills is encouraged to apply.
- Strong command of the English language with exceptional writing skills in a variety of topics from business strategy and long-form news writing to lighthearted, short and fun content.
- Ability to write high-quality content under tight deadlines.
- Confidence to research, engage and communicate with others at all levels of the business to develop compelling narratives.
- Proactive self-starter who works effectively with limited supervision.
- Commercial acumen, curiosity and the ability to understand business objectives and how content fits into company strategy or a campaign.
- Collaborative attitude when it comes to working with a team.
- Experienced in stakeholder management in a wide range of teams.
- Sense of humor: Careem aims to do everything with a wink.
- Hunger to learn and grow in line with Careem’s philosophy of remaining humble because there is always a better version.
ADDITIONAL PREFERED ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
- Basic videography and photography skills
- Presentation skills and public speaking
- Experience working on internal or external campaigns