At Careem, we are driven by the purpose of simplifying the lives of people and building an awesome organisation that inspires. Based in Dubai, we started our journey as a pioneer of the Middle East’s ride-hailing economy. Today, Careem is the region’s everyday Super App operational in 13 countries and over 100 cities. The Super App provides a host of daily services that people need to move around, to order things and to transfer money in one unified smartphone app. Our goal is to simplify people’s daily lives so that they can spend their precious time and mindshare on things that really matter and on realizing their potential.
To support the business in Careem on planning topics. The role will require complete involvement in budgeting and target setting, and in directly managing the financial and operational data layer for the team.
- Act as the single point of contact for gathering and maintaining the database for financial and operational KPIs, both historical and target-related, across all verticals and regions where Careem is present
- Create scorecards, measurement tools and KPIs to monitor performance, highlight trends and analyse drivers of variances vs budgets
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual management reports
- Work closely with teams in basecamp and mountain peaks for planning, setting targets & budgets
- Contribute to continuous improvement of planning and budgeting processes and deliverables
- Prepare / support ad hoc reports and analyses
- Bachelor's degree in engineering / business administration with 1-2 years experience in finance
- Proficiency in Excel, SQL, statistics; programming is a plus (Python, R)
- Proficiency in building excel models, spreadsheets, Tableau dashboards
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong aptitude with numbers
- Strong communication and presentation skills