Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to our continuous growth, we are seeking a detail-oriented tax professional who possesses an in-depth knowledge of taxation in KSA.
To succeed in this role, you should show be interested in following changes to tax regulations and laws. Excellent time management skills are also essential, as you’ll have to ensure our company meets tight deadlines. Senior Tax Accountant responsibilities also include organizing and maintaining records of tax payments. Ultimately, you should be able to recommend tax strategies that comply with laws and promote our company’s financial well-being.
- Assist in managing all tax aspects of existing and new business lines and initiatives
- Perform tax technical research including analysis and interpretation of relevant tax laws, regulations, cases and guidelines, and update relevant stakeholders as appropriate
- Recommend tax strategies by researching local taxation issues
- Identify and recommend tax optimization opportunities
- Maintain legislative materials by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws
- Maintain compliance with regulations by forwarding required information to the tax authorities
- Partner with key contacts in operations, corporate development, finance, treasury, and legal to identify and implement tax planning strategies and minimize potential tax risks
- Manage and coordinate external audits and act as a liaison with external consultants
- Ensure company’s compliance with relevant tax regulations in KSA, and also maintain proper tax documentation
- Prepare Corporate Income Tax, Value Added Tax, and Withholding Tax returns
- Prepare tax provision schedules by reviewing, preparing, and consolidating provision schedules
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Proven work experience as a Tax Accountant, Tax Analyst or Tax Preparer. (Minimum of 2-3 years of experience)
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Familiarity with accounting software packages and general ledger systems
- Ability to interpret legal documents
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- BSc degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant subject; industry certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) is a bonus
We’re looking for someone who can take ownership, who is of service and who shoots to the moon and beyond. Is this you? We’re looking forward to seeing your application! What do we offer you? Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, a flat hierarchy, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and, the latest technologies and full ownership!
#YallaLetsGo #Careem #BeCareem #ToTheMoon