At Careem, we are driven by the purpose of simplifying the lives of people and building an awesome organisation that inspires. Based in Dubai, we started our journey as a pioneer of the Middle East’s ride-hailing economy.
Today, Careem is the region’s everyday Super App operational in 13 countries and over 100 cities. The Super App provides a host of daily services that people need to move around, to order things and to transfer money in one unified smartphone app. Our goal is to simplify people’s daily lives so that they can spend their precious time and mindshare on things that really matter and on realizing their potential.
Careem became a wholly owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020. www.careem.com
The Principal Recruiter is fully responsible for owning and executing hiring for Careem Pay, we are looking for a true fintech specialist.
Qualified candidates will be well-versed in all aspects of Talent Acquisition including creative candidate sourcing, candidate generation and development, client management, and offer/negotiation. The role will also include the following responsibilities:
- Creating unique and robust search strategies to identify and attract the best and brightest
- Developing innovative ways to raise the bar on how Careem recruits talent.
- Calibrating candidates with hiring managers and senior leaders
- Developing prospects into candidates through engagement and assessment
- Building out talent networks and tapping knowledgeable industry sources to develop an on-going pool of candidates
- Providing strategic guidance and advice in a true partnership with executive leadership.
Critical success factors in this role:
- Communication; a compelling communicator should be able to effectively engage the attention of executive stakeholders, and articulate complex arguments in a polished and professional manner
- Self-assured; not easily thrown, able to think on your feet and work on highly confidential searches with senior leadership
- Executive recruiting experience in either a tech start-up, global in-house executive search team, or a top executive search firm.
- Thinks strategically and stays on top of tactical execution
- Passion for TA – love what you do, love the hunt, perfect your craft
- 10+ years of progressive tech start-up and/or search firm recruiting experience with a focus on tech executive candidate generation in a complex and competitive market
- 5+ years of experience advising and influencing executive leadership