Sr Product Manager, Captain - Dubai
At Careem, our mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and create an awesome organisation that inspires. With this vast mission statement, we started by improving the mobility of people, the mobility of goods, then the mobility of money. We are transforming into a super-app hosting multiple Careem and 3rd-party apps to make everyday life simple.
We built the first multi-billion dollar tech startup in the MENAP region. The first line of code was written in Pakistan and we built on it further in Dubai and Berlin. We operate in 100+ cities across 11 countries. We joined Uber officially in early 2020. We grew and attracted top global talent and grew a culture that is known for bold ambitions, shooting for the moon, innovating with tight constraints, and being Careem/gracious.
As a Sr Product Manager, you will be working in the Captain (Driver) product team. The Captain team has provided economic empowerment for more than 2M captains in the MENAP region. We regard our captains as the soul of Careem. They power our Mobility of People and Mobility of Things (food, groceries, e-commerce goods), and we have their best economic, health, and safety interests at heart. We aim to provide the best in class simple and delightful experience via a flexible supply platform. You will have tremendous ownership, and it is an invitation to do the most meaningful work of your career.
- Product Areas: Leading captain core app experience topics in both Android & iOS apps like captain booking flow experience in Mobility of People(Ride Hailing) and Mobility of Things (food, groceries, e-commerce goods), Supply positioning, UX & UI of overall captain apps.
- Strategy & Vision: Developing the strategy and vision for the captain core experience squad, working closely with the captains, markets, product, data science, analytics, and engineers.
- Roadmap: Building and driving the roadmap and being accountable on the impact and outcome.
- Execution: Executing and delivering on measurable results in a high throughput and a high performing environment.
- Voice of Captains: Constantly in touch with our captains, actively listening with genuine empathy, in order to better articulate and prioritize their pains and gain, and validate designs and experiences before developing them in code.
- Voice of Data: Constantly surfacing and examining the opportunities from mining the wealth of data and prioritizing based on strategic ROI and impact.
- Stakeholders Management: Shielding the team and managing stakeholders, bringing stability and principled framework for decision making and prioritization.
- Culture of Impact and Shooting for the Moon: Responsible for growing a best in class captain core experience team, guided by first principles from science and economics, grounded by data, iterating fast with experimentation and compounding improvements, and constantly pushing the envelope through 10x ideas and pilots.
- Wealth of experience in managing supply for marketplaces & booking experiences for ride hailing[Two sided marketplace] & Deliveries [Three sided marketplace]
- Strong mobile app product management background with min 5+ years of relevant experience. Comfortable and passionate discussing UI/UX,algorithms and ML models tradeoffs, limitations, and advances.
- Impact driven with experimentation and simulation mindset, with experience in AB / Multivariate testing, common pitfalls and avoiding being fooled by randomness.
- Proactiveness and Clarity: Proactively unblocking and managing cross-vertical and cross-functional dependencies and communication.
- Strong communication skills, critical thinking, and sound judgement.
- Drive and Motivation: You are motivated to make an impact, deliver results quickly, and raise the bar in the region’s ecosystem.