Senior Product Designer II (Food)
About the role
As a Senior Product Designer II, you will be a key advocate for the design discipline at Careem and will be a role model and mentor for our younger designers. You are expected to bring innovation to everything you do helping to shape and lead the design future at Careem. You will get to shape product experiences, from the very first sketch through to implementation. You will utilise design thinking methods to create the best possible solutions for your products and you will use effective storytelling techniques to communicate with and to energise your stakeholders.
We operate across 14 countries, and over 120 cities. At Careem, we design interactions that are intuitive, engaging and delightful to use by millions of customers, captains and merchants.
- Work closely with product managers and other designers in defining, designing and iterating innovative experiences that result in improved user experience and positively affect our commercial KPIs
- Partner with Product Managers as thought partners to create a vision and problem solve together
- Work in close collaboration with content teams for enhanced user experience
- Own the solution at all stages of the process from concept to launch ensuring it achieves the set objectives
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Ability to understand complex business problems, and establish a design vision for the product - short, medium and long term
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills
- Experience designing and shipping impactful products at scale
- Experience of working within muti-disciplinary setups with Product, Engineering and Commercial Counterparts
- Ability to distill and digest data sets and use them for impactful designs
- Experience working with design systems
- Experience working in high-growth tech companies and accustomed to rapid change. Comfortable with ambiguity
- A broad range of skills covering the design process end to end: interaction design, visual design and prototyping
- Experience in working with senior stakeholders - managing and collaborating up to leadership level (C-Level)
- Experience in design thinking methods
- Ability to clearly articulate problems and solutions with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- A solid understanding of following and creating design language patterns
- Experience in conducting user interviews for research and test purposes
- Experience of working in a fast paced iterative environment - incorporating feedback, launching quickly, setting measures for success and learning from what gets shipped.
- A strong portfolio showcasing examples of good design and problem solving skills in a mobile app environment. Case studies and a deep dive into the process are encouraged.