Senior Product Manager, Payout (Careem Pay)
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem, which was recently acquired by Uber, is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires.
Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 100 + cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region with headquarters based in Dubai and Berlin. As a Product Manager in Careem Pay team, you will be leading and owning products and services that enable paying experience for customers and captains (drivers) in a delightful and compliant fashion across the Middle East and North Africa.
The role is based out of Dubai but will allow for 2 months a year working from anywhere in the world and then flexibly from your country of employment (Dubai) thereafter.
About the role:
As a product manager you will:
• Play a leadership role in the conceptualization, development and definition of Careem’s payout solutions for internal and external partners.
• Understand Careem’s strategic and competitive position and deliver payout products that are recognized best in the industry
• Partner closely with engineering, markets, operations, analytics, finance, tax , legal and partnership teams to ensure we are building the right product for the target markets with a clear understanding of what success is.
• Work closely with external partners like Banks, PSP, Processors, strategic APM provider for management of specific payout programs and relationships
• 5+ years of leadership experience in building and launching payment products at scale, having marketplace experience is a plus.
• Hands on experience in payments and payout products that helps partners and users to easily receive payouts through reconciliation and accounting.
• A humble and scrappy get-it-done mindset; you’re resourceful and in your element going from 0 to 1
• Demonstrated success in launching and scaling payment products leveraging API’s, embedded SDK’s or toolkits in a fast delivery environment.
• Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to independently lay out and test clear hypotheses, and solve problems without well-defined direction