Workday HCM & Systems Functional Manager
Careem is the internet platform for the greater Middle East region. A pioneer of the region's ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include mass transportation, delivery and payments to become the region's everyday SuperApp. Careem's mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting organisation that inspires. Careem was established in July 2012, and was acquired by Uber in 2020. Careem operates in over 100 cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million employment opportunities in the region.
What will be keeping you busy?
In 2021 we have bold and ambitious goals to drive a critical change in the way we provide services to our Colleagues and our Leaders - transitioning to a new best in class HRMS that will empower our people through self service.
To enable an effective and successful systems based change management project, we are looking for an ambitious Workday HCM & Systems Lead with exceptional communication and project management skills to join the team. The priority of this role is focussed on the implementation of Workday, however will also involve working within the same remit (as listed below) across multiple systems within the business. This will be a robust and integral position within Careem.
- Act as the subject matter expert in all functional area’s (HCM, Absence, Recruitment or Compensation) within Workday, supporting markets to understand the Workday design concepts and globally defined configuration.
- Lead workshops and design review sessions with HR business users, Workday technical and functional resources at all levels, including global owners of the specific work streams.
- Gather business requirements and, working with the implementation partner, translate those into Workday configuration workflows
- Create and map business requirements, system configuration and functional specification documents (including test plans and test cases) and input into development of user training and support documentation.
- Work closely with other functional leads and the technical workstream to ensure a cohesive design and that cross functional impacts are considered and mitigated.
- Support IT team on integration design between Workday,internal enterprise systems, and external vendors.
- Support data migration team on data mapping requirements as part of migration process.
- Collaborate with Workday implementation partners to validate configuration and test Workday to address local requirements.
- Support business users during testing; undertake testing ‘triage’ process to validate true testing defects.
- Support global process owners to be able to identify change impacts and remediation plans, communication messages, learning delivery content and support aids, including development of a Q&A knowledgebase.
- Work with the People team and IT Delivery teams to ensure we follow Workday best practices in our implementation of future and previous modules.
- Advocate and ensure our People business processes, and Workday implementations remain in sync.
- Travel may be required for project implementations depending on candidate location.
- Between 3-5 years experience with Workday HCM configuration (certification is an advantage); with specialised knowledge in your subject domain (HCM, Absence management, recruitment and compensation)
- Previous experience of Workday implementation for 3+ regional projects, highly advantageous and a significant benefit.
- Experience creating detailed reports and facilitating presentations.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of data conversion and risk mapping.
- High analytical skills (advanced Excel / Google Sheets).
- High attention to detail and a track record of following through on commitments.
- Knowledge of Advance Compensation is highly advantageous.
- Strong understanding of Workday security, roles and permissions is required.
- Strong understanding of Workday API framework is a benefit.
- Experience working with Oracle, Greenhouse and Enboarder will be advantageous.
- Must be driven, ambitious and not afraid to speak up to meet a heavy change agenda.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or HR is beneficial.
- Workday qualified candidates highly preferred
- Project management best practice certification
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Additional languages are a plus