Senior Product Operations Manager, Product Ops (Careem Pay) - Payments experience required.
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem, which was recently acquired by Uber, is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires.
Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 100 + cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region with headquarters based in Dubai and Berlin. As a Product Manager in Careem Pay team, you will be leading and owning products and services that enable paying experience for customers and captains (drivers) in a delightful and compliant fashion across the Middle East and North Africa.
The role is based out of Dubai but will allow for 2 months a year working from anywhere in the world and then flexibly from your country of employment (Dubai) thereafter.
About the role:
As a product operations manager you will:
- Own vision, roadmap and strategy for payment operations for consumer domain, merchant domain and payment risk & compliance.
- Drive operation improvement to the platform and existing processes
- Work with all partners to identify and improve point of failures, to resolve incidents, document processes, accountability, and performance.
- Follow up and manage escalations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Leverage data to implement changes, influence product roadmap to drive improvements in customer care experience, operational efficiencies, and platform performance.
- 8+ years of experience in payments, operations, and partner management experience, in a technology or financial services company.
- Team building and direct people management experience in financial services company.
- Experience with risk and compliance in the payments industry and its evolution across Careem markets.
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with colleagues, both on the Payments team and in the rest of the company, clearly and concisely.
- Strong organization skills with demonstrated attention to details.