Careem is the leading technology platform of the Greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding its services across its network to include payments, delivery and is quickly becoming the region’s only everyday SuperApp. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 130 cities across 15 countries, has created more than one million job opportunities in the region and hosts over 30 million users. Careem’s engineering team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for talented engineers to help us in our mission to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires.
About the Role:
Our iOS developers have a passion to push mobile technologies to the limits. As a IOS Developer, you work with a team of exceptionally talented engineers to design and build the Careem Super App!
In addition to adhering to exceptionally high engineering standards, you are expected to build the application in a largely scalable manner, high quality, good application performance and applying best-in-class usability standards and practices.
You will be asked to take difficult business problems and turn them into delightful and reliable user experiences which allow our Captains to work on our platform. Your focus will be around helping lead the team to create an engaging user experience and building core app functionality which works in a hybrid online/offline manner.
This role can be based in Jordan, Egypt or Lebanon.
- Design and build advanced, scalable applications for the iOS platform.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements and use cases and translate them pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
- Integrate with our backend services (JSON, XML, etc.) to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience that is super-fast for end users.
- Own end-to-end product modules/features from requirement to going live.
- Design and review code, troubleshoot and act as a consultant to team members on technical matters.
- Gather requirements by interacting directly with the end users and advocate delightful user experiences.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Use core animation to create engaging motion effects and intuitive interfaces.
- 5+ years of iOS application development, with extensive use of Swift, I/O, collections, algorithms and well-known application frameworks.
- Strong understanding of interactive application development paradigm under iOS, memory management, file I/O, network programming, concurrency and multithreading.
- Experience in iOS-specific application development and publishing iOS apps in the appstore.
- Good understanding of design patterns.
- Good understanding of the full mobile development life cycle. Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Experience in working with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions. Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution.
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal).
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Competitive salary and equity shares
- Unlimited vacation Policy
- Entrepreneurial working environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentorship and career growth