Product Operations Manager II - Payment Operations
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem, which was recently acquired by Uber, is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires.
Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 100 + cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region with headquarters based in Dubai and Berlin. As a Product Manager in Careem Pay team, you will be leading and owning products and services that enable paying experience for customers and captains (drivers) in a delightful and compliant fashion across the Middle East and North Africa.
The role is based out of Dubai but will allow for 3 months a year working from anywhere in the world and then flexibly from your country of employment (Dubai) thereafter.
About the role:
As a product operations manager you will:
- Lead the payment operation function in partnership with your counterpart in product and engineering.
- Drive operation improvement to the platform and existing processes
- Work with all partners to identify and improve point of failures, to resolve incidents, document processes, accountability, and performance.
- Follow up and manage escalations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Leverage data to implement changes, influence product roadmap to drive improvements in customer care experience, operational efficiencies, and platform performance.
- 5+ years of experience in payments, operations, and partner management experience, in a technology or financial services company.
- Strong technical acumen and experience partnering with top engineers working on complex product initiatives in an agile environment.
- Strong problem solving, and logical structuring abilities to solve problems without well-defined direction
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with colleagues, both on the Payments team and in the rest of the company, clearly and concisely.