At Careem, our mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and create an awesome organisation that inspires. With this vast mission statement, we started by improving the mobility of people, the mobility of goods, then the mobility of money. We are transforming into a super-app hosting multiple Careem and 3rd-party apps to make everyday life simple.
We built the first multi-billion dollar tech startup in the MENAP region. The first line of code was written in Pakistan and we built on it further in Dubai and Berlin. We operate in 100+ cities across 13 countries. We joined Uber officially in early 2020. We grew and attracted top global talent and grew a culture that is known for bold ambitions, shooting for the moon, innovating with tight constraints, and being ‘Kareem’ [translates to being gracious]
About the role:
The Head of Merchant Solutions will be responsible for building and growing Careem Pay’s merchant solutions that will offer Careem’s regional payments infrastructure to other businesses along with relevant value-added services and increase the acceptance of the Careem Pay wallet. The role will lead a team of product managers that will develop the solutions, a team of regional sales and partnership executives that will take the solutions to market, and an operations team that will drive merchant success. Over the last decade, Careem has built one of the most sophisticated regional payments infrastructure that processes millions of card payments, cash payments, and disbursements on a daily basis. Critical success metrics are partner experience and business growth.
What you will do:
- Build and lead an exceptional product, commercial and operations team.
- Develop systems and processes that produce deeply useful products and commercial success.
- Provide commercial leadership on how to take solutions to market and drive adoption.
- Develop and own the strategic product vision and go-to-market strategy of merchant solutions.
- Collaborate with other verticals to support them and leverage synergies from them.
- Be a core part of Careem Pay’s leadership team guiding overall direction.
- Own all growth and financial targets related to merchant solutions.
Who you are:
- Seasoned commercial leader with broad and deep payments experience. Should have 5+ years of in-depth experience scaling the adoption of B2B payments or other fintech products to market.
- Inspiring and engaging team leader who is able to oversee product development and build a high-performing regional sales and partnerships team to drive product success.
- Outstanding analyst and decision maker who is able to systematically use quantitative and qualitative information from multiple sources to develop concrete options, assess them based on decision criteria, commit to an action plan, and drive them passionately through relevant teams.
- Advocate for partner success and always work backwards from partner pain-points.
- Entrepreneurial, get-it-done and humble mindset to deal with uncertainty and constraints.
- Strong business leader who can set and achieve goals and manage a P&L.