Senior Product Manager, Customer Payments
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem, which was recently acquired by Uber, is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 100 + cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region with headquarters based in Dubai.
About the role:
As a Senior Product Manager in Careem’s Customer team, you will be leading and owning experiences around payments, billing, invoicing and fraud control . The main purpose of the role is to drive the conceptualisation, development and rapid testing of new features that will help us in creating personalized and safe experiences for our customers to enhance the conversion and engagement on our app.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the entire feature lifecycle, starting with planning and OKRs, all the way to managing backlog and agile iterations.
- Identify, conceptualize and develop new products as well as improvements to existing products with the goal of improving the experience and the engagement of our customers.
- Help contribute to creating a compelling vision, mission, and roadmap for our product portfolio that energizes and builds momentum within the teams.
- Ability to translate product and experience opportunities into quantifiable revenue goals
- Gather and use quantitative and qualitative data, creating hypotheses and making informed product decisions, testing assumptions early to reduce risk up-front.
- Develop, lead and implement projects such as company-wide go-to-market plans.
- Possess customer empathy and a curiosity mindset. Define customer value propositions based on personas or market segments (design thinking approach).
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders on product features and acting as the main point of contact for any inquiries.
- Collaborate with the engineers and designers, and other colleagues sharing knowledge on product developments and issues, to discuss and implement effective solutions for the team.
- Take the lead and work with data analysts and engineers to diagnose & fix large production issues.
- Conduct A/B tests working with data analysts and data scientists to validate and iterate product increments that demonstrate customer and business value.
- Perform user lab testing and user interviews, to synthesize insights and feedback and disseminate that knowledge into the tech teams, building better products.
We are looking for a PM who wants to build products that will be loved by our customers, who is focused, agile, well-organized, and exceptionally collaborative (and we offer the same in return).
- 4-6 years of prior experience working in a Product Management role, preferably 2 years in payments for a B2C company
- Previous experience with various payment and fraud products is a plus
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment, to manage and close the loop on multiple concurring tasks.
- Experience with Lean and Agile methodologies and processes (e.g. sprints, kanban, etc.)
- Good commercial awareness and be able to demonstrate your competence in analyzing, reporting, and efficiently responding to quantitative and qualitative data.
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is a bonus.
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of design thinking methodologies to create outstanding user experiences with the help of UX or product designers.
- Excellent communication & problem-solving skills