Careem is the everyday Super App for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem, which was recently acquired by Uber is expanding services across its platform to include payments, food delivery and more. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 100 cities across 13 countries and has created more than one million income generating opportunities in the region with headquarters in Dubai and Berlin, and offices around MENA.
About the Role
This role is based out of Karachi/Lahore, Pakistan and reports to the Corporate Affairs Manager at Basecamp. You will be part of the Corporate Affairs (CA) team and will be responsible for developing visual concepts to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate Careem’s different stakeholders.
You are a visual storyteller with a passion for great design and the ability to achieve it. To be successful in this position, you should be a self-starter, be capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas, and show amazing attention to detail. You will work closely with the Creative Lead Manager and Design Specialist on creative ideation and execution. Your primary role is to execute on brand, refreshing, and creative collateral for internal and external campaigns and projects.
Examples of tasks include designing the graphic elements for a new product’s social media campaign, editing and animating short videos for internal awareness campaigns, rebranding old materials to reflect our current visual identity, and working with the Creative Lead and Design Specialist to execute and/or define the direction of the company’s creative strategy.
- Have a strong grasp and adhere to our visual identity system, and be able to call out instances where we have failed to do so
- Contribute to ideation for campaigns and various creative materials for both internal and external audiences
- Simultaneously execute on multiple design briefs from across Careem’s various business verticals and the Corporate Affairs team
- Work closely with the Creative Lead Manager and Design Specialist to provide mock-ups, storyboards and final executed materials for campaigns
- Edit and animate videos for both internal and external projects
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs
Key Requirements and skills
- Minimum of 3 years in the design industry (agency experience is a plus)
- A strong portfolio of graphic design and video production/editing
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Strong Graphic Design skills with experience in a similar role
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere or AfterEffects programs
- Ability to work with Vector graphics, video editing and motion graphics and sourcing stock imagery and music (subscriptions provided by Careem)
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining high standards and meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work just as easily in a team environment as you can autonomously.
- Ability to provide and receive feedback, and support and sharpen the creative briefs by not being afraid of asking the right questions
- Strong written and verbal skills in English (other languages such as Urdu or Arabic are a plus)