Do you want to help build a world-class institution, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
At Careem PAY, our purpose is to empower people to lead better lives by simplifying their payment experiences and access to financial services. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and become the leading digital financial services platform of the region.
About the Role
You will lead a team of amazing engineers to improve the developer experience for engineers at Careem PAY. You will partner with engineering leaders across Careem to ensure alignment about engineering challenges and opportunities.
- Lead a team of software engineers in implementing high quality services including design, development, and deployment of new business functionality.
- Allocate available resources to meet operating objectives. Interacts with direct reports, customers and peers to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
- Assist your teams in developing roadmaps for system and product growth, then identify, plan, and execute projects to support that growth
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Experience solving large-scale engineering challenges
- Encourages and supports others to take on responsibility, authority, and accountability.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- Experience in fintech / payment industry
- You have strong software engineering skills with strong competencies in design & architecture.
- Experience in Spring Boot, Microservices, and RDBMS.
- Deep understanding of how to build scalable distributed systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You’ll have several years of serving in either an engineering management role or a senior engineering team lead role.
- Demonstrate ability to run and improve technical development processes.
- Demonstrate ability for mentoring, guiding, and retaining a high function team.
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of AWS and Cloud related technologies.
- Experience on data governance and PII compliance
- Project management skills
- Experience of Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience in Kafka is a plus