Senior Product Manager - Offline Payments (Careem Pay)
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem, which was recently acquired by Uber, is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires.
Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 100 + cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region with headquarters based in Dubai and Berlin. As a Product Manager in Careem Pay team, you will be leading and owning products and services that enable paying experience for customers and captains (drivers) in a delightful and compliant fashion across the Middle East and North Africa.
The role is based out of Dubai but will allow for 3 months a year working from anywhere in the world and then flexibly from your country of employment (Dubai) thereafter.
About the role:
As a product manager you will:
• Will play a leadership role in the conceptualization, development and definition of merchant and shopper experience product and features for in-person payments.
• Understand Careem’s strategic and competitive position and deliver payment acceptance products that are recognized best in the industry
• Identify opportunities and scope/research them to build a perspective on what we should be building
• Partner closely with top engineers to define and transition to the target architecture for payments acceptance for the group in the target geographies
• Work closely with external partners like PSP, Processors, strategic merchants for management of specific payment acceptance programs and relationships
• 8 + years of leadership experience in building and launching new products and/or managing financial or payments products
• Hands on experience in “in-person” payments (Contactless – NFC, QR codes, point-of sale, EMV co specifications)
• A humble and scrappy get-it-done mindset; you’re resourceful and in your element going from 0 to 1
• Demonstrated success in launching and scaling payment products leveraging API’s, embedded SDK’s or toolkits in a fast delivery environment.
• Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to independently lay out and test clear hypotheses, and solve problems without well-defined direction