Product Manager II (Careem Pay) Risk & Compliance
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem, which was recently acquired by Uber, is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires.
Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 100 + cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region with headquarters based in Dubai and Berlin. As a Product Manager in Careem Pay team, you will be leading and owning products and services that enable paying experience for customers and captains (drivers) in a delightful and compliant fashion across the Middle East and North Africa.
The role is based out of Dubai but will allow for 3 months a year working from anywhere in the world and then flexibly from your country of employment (Dubai) thereafter.
About the role:
As a product manager you will:
- Own vision, roadmap and strategy for risk & compliance areas – anti-money laundering, screening and regulatory reporting
- Support build and expansion of payment products by defining and communicating product compliance and operational processes requirements for operating markets.
- Design and draft all relevant program documentations, processes and audit reports.
- Act as a single point of contact for compliance landscape, regulatory updates, best practices and development in the industry.
- 4+ years of product management experience in compliance and risk management.
- Knowledge of global AML programs, payment schemes requirements and money transmission rules.
- Strong problem solving, and logical structuring abilities to solve problems without well-defined direction
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to independently lay out and test clear hypotheses, and solve problems without well-defined direction