At Careem, we are driven by the purpose of simplifying the lives of people and building an awesome organization that inspires. Based in Dubai, we started our journey as a pioneer of the Middle East’s ride-hailing economy. Today, Careem is the region’s everyday Super App operational in 13 countries and over 100 cities. The Super App provides a host of daily services that people need to move around, to order things and to transfer money in one unified smartphone app. Our goal is to simplify people’s daily lives so that they can spend their precious time and mindshare on things that really matter and on realizing their potential.
The Security Operations Center Manager at Careem is responsible for leading a 24x7 team of security analysts. The SOC Manager will be responsible for all internal security operations tasks and management of the SOC and the analyst staff associated with the SOC. The SOC Manager will also be responsible for the technical and process direction of the SOC and will provide direction to both the senior and non-senior analysts staff as well as a liaison to the SOC Engineering and Security Engineering teams.
The Security Operations Center is responsible to provide 24x7/365 continuous investigation of correlated security event feeds and the appropriate escalation in case of an identified security incident. The Security Operation Center is the primary contact for any suspected security incident and works together with the engineering team on resolving incidents and remediating threats.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead 24x7 SOC team, foster innovation, and drive accountability within SOC engineering.
- Oversee technical delivery, assessing and continually improving output, and ensuring processes are developed and adhered to drive operational excellence.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the SOC.
- Ensure that Service Level Agreements are defined, tracked, and met.
- Responsible for driving execution of daily, weekly, and monthly metrics for statistical threats.
- Maintain awareness of trends in security regulatory, technology, and operational requirements
- Be a leader in the expansion and growth of the SOC; drive integration of new products and services
- Identifies opportunities to improve security monitoring and operational tasks
- Evaluate and maintain existing SIEM rules, filters, events, and use cases and adapt to meet the business requirements
- Work with outside teams in the development of a comprehensive set of operational security policies and standards designed to permit the organization to achieve its business objectives while effectively managing our security and compliance requirements.
- Assist in the implementation of new SOC use cases, tools and applications and processes
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or obtained relevant security certifications
- 3+ years managing a security operations centre
- In-depth familiarity with security policies based on industry standards and best practices
- Excellent knowledge of Elastic stack.
- Software development experience in at least 2 of these languages: (C/C++, Java, Python, Node, Rust, Go)
- Experience with version control systems (Git etc), and familiarity with scripting in Bash or Python.
- 3+ years of experience working with AWS services and an excellent understanding of AWS security fundamentals.
- Experience in designing and building security and/or network operations centres
- Incident management process development and/or incident management experience
- 6+ years working within the information security field, with emphasis on security operations, incident management, intrusion detection, firewall deployment, and security event analysis
- Ability to lead and communicate efficiently within a team environment
- Advanced technical writing skills
- Senior Stakeholder management
- Project and Program management
- Time management
- Critical thinking