At Careem, we are driven by the purpose of simplifying the lives of people and building an awesome organisation that inspires. Based in Dubai, we started our journey as a pioneer of the Middle East’s ride-hailing economy. Today, Careem is the region’s everyday Super App operational in 13 countries and over 100 cities. The Super App provides a host of daily services that people need to move around, to order things and to transfer money in one unified smartphone app. Our goal is to simplify people’s daily lives so that they can spend their precious time and mindshare on things that really matter and on realizing their potential.
About the role:
The Commercial Director (Food & Deliveries) will be responsible for leading the business vertical from strategy development to execution. This is the fastest growing vertical and plays a super critical role in Careem’s SuperApp vision. In this era of efficient, relevant, and high quality growth, we are looking for a strong leader who is agile and has a deep understanding of the Food & Deliveries market. In this role, you will be expected to build and execute on a Food & Delivery strategy for PK that will position Careem strategically across all its verticals.
This is a key leadership role and in this role as Commercial Director (Food & Deliveries) will be leading the entire Food & Deliveries vertical. In this role, the Commercial Director will work closely with the different teams in Pakistan to lead growth initiatives, strengthen market share, and challenge our strategies to continue to win in our markets.
- Own development and execution of market strategy for the Foods & Delivery vertical.
- Setting quarterly objectives, and leading key projects to deliver topline and bottom line
- Working directly with Country General Manager to ensure alignment with overall country strategy
- Directing the execution of the vertical strategy across the different functions
- Overseeing and managing the vertical business performance
- Managing and owning the P&L for Food & Deliveries, setting direction, budget allocations, and forecasts and plans at an annual, quarterly, and monthly level
- Building a strong winning team for Food & Deliveries vertical
- Build relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally, including strategic partners, key industry stakeholders, government , etc, i.e., the face of Careem Food & Delivery vertical in Pakistan
- Working closely with the dedicated demand and supply teams to ensure seamless execution
- Develop strategies for each of the growth cities and initiatives through a thorough understanding of the dedicated team’s efforts and progress.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, a strong sense of curiosity and urgency to get things done, and a clear alignment with our core values: ownership, be of service and shoot to the moon.
Non negotiable skills:
- Strategic thinker with strong commercial acumen and a strong analytical approach.
- Fast learner in dynamic roles (i.e., this role will be responsible for demand, operations, partnerships, commercials, etc).
- Strong do-er, proactive personality to take ownership and lead what needs to be done
- Big picture thinker able to zoom in and out as needed to service the business
- Speaks fluent English and Urdu
- Humble and hungry to learn something new.
- Great team fit; very collaborative and always works on raising the bar
- Strong at stakeholder management, internally, with leadership, and externally
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in similar roles/functions
- Team leadership and strong stakeholder management
- C-Level / Board level communication and presentation skills
- Customer-centric experience and mindset
- Past experience in following industries will be preferred: Food & Deliveries, Management Consulting, Tech Industry