Genesys System Engineer Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Excellent customer service is fundamental at Careem, and we want to wow our customers every time! As a Genesys system engineer, you will be responsible for making bold decisions and working in an agile way in order to deliver a first class service using the Genesys platform. You will work closely with the lead Genesys engineer to understand the product roadmap and be able to identify and implement innovative technical solutions. You will provide support for the entire Genesys infrastructure with continuous improvement. You will serve as technical support engineer on all call center initiatives related to the Genesys platform.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Administer, configure and support large-scale multi-channel Contact Center environment
- Deploy and integrate Genesys Voice Platform
- Design and coordinate IVR application developments.
- Perform load test of the platform
- Develop routing strategies for routing email/chat interaction
- Ownership and accountability for environment readiness, ensuring the platform is appropriately scaled to meet business needs
- Support Voice platform, working with the global and regional teams to identify and define deliverables.
- Identifying system and process improvements relating to the Contact Centre Voice Platform, recommending new solutions and system utilization.
- Develop routing strategies for routing voice/email/chat interaction
- Provide maintenance and technical support for Genesys engage platform.
- Investigate the quality of voice and data loss on the network.
- Provide onsite and remote support, plan and design and implement change requests.
- Assist in technical documentation related to the project (SoW, Design doc, As-Built…etc)
- Prepare engineering specifications based on business requirements
- Provide technical and operational day-to-day support for Genesys platform, improve, optimize and enhance system and operational performance
- Serve as (or grow into) a subject matter expert on Genesys
- 2+ years of Voice Engineering, telephony experience and digital interactions (chat, email, IWD)
- Preferred Certified Genesys Engineer
- Experience with Genesys / Contact center call routing and troubleshooting routing issues in production on call
- Extensive experience with Genesys 8.x platform architecture
- Genesys Framework (Config + Management)
- Clear understanding of reporting (GIM/ICON) schema and impacts to reporting with respect to routing changes
- Experience in developing Routing workflows using Composer
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Target driven and have good numerical and analytical skills with an excellent eye for detail working with qualitative and quantitative data
- Extensive experience in delivering highly successful and innovative
- Good technical proficiency, literacy skills and a competent computer user
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics
- Professional experience in Genesys interaction platform. Previous experience working with Genesys SDK is a plus.