At Careem, we are driven by the purpose of simplifying the lives of people and building an awesome organisation that inspires. Based in Dubai, we started our journey as a pioneer of the Middle East’s ride-hailing economy. Today, Careem is the region’s everyday Super App operational in 13 countries and over 100 cities. The Super App provides a host of daily services that people need to move around, to order things and to transfer money in one unified smartphone app. Our goal is to simplify people’s daily lives so that they can spend their precious time and mindshare on things that really matter and on realizing their potential.
Expand Careem Food in Pakistan, launch and grow new cities to achieve the Super App vision. Build a solid partner base for Careem Food business and maintain relationships with existing partners in alignment with business objectives. Lead and train commercial teams to expand and establish food business and coordinate with all relevant stakeholders (Finance, Marketing, Demand, Supply and PR) to ensure we are meeting the topline and bottom line targets.
- Plan and execute new city launches to establish food business in Pakistan to achieve Careem's Super App vison
- Monitor overall business performance across country in terms of GMV to ensure business is meeting its budgeted targets.
- Build plan for all the cities and monitor respective teams to achieve budgeted sales targets.
- Assist GM Foods in annual and quarterly budget planning to create a road map for overall business for upcoming tenure.
- Build strategy and teams for new city launches so that the business can meet its respective GMV targets.
- Ensure healthy Merchant NPS and satisfaction with Careem to have a sustainable merchants selection (portfolio).
- Drive maximum value from merchants and get maximum contribution in discounts and deals from them to increase customer value proposition
- Collaborate with Marketing and Demand teams to initiate marketing campaigns and demand initiative for merchants to increase the overall demand for the business.
- Lead and train the sales and account management team across country to build a well-trained resource pipeline
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders in food industry (Restaurant Unions, Associations) to protect the business interest of the Careem.
Qualification & Experience
- Education to degree level or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and related software tools
- Ability to understand data and build processes based on the insights
- Ability to build strategy and both short-term and long-term plans to achieve Careem's vision and set objectives
- Self-starter who can learn and position technology/solution plays in view of driving the appropriate conversations with Service Providers with a clear business agenda in sight.
- Good communicator and excellent at driving solutions in line with industry and local market trends
- Experience in account management with a proven track record in direct and channel sales, especially in closing large strategic deals.
- 4-6 years experience in tech startup specially food industry is preferred
- Experience of managing P&L and coordinating with multiple stakeholders to achieve set targets
- Experience in budget planning and strategy is critical to this role
- Experience of understanding data and working with it to derive actionable tasks
- Experience of managing a large team of young and enthusiastic individuals
- Working with senior leadership and central teams to determine priorities for product team and set the strategy for future
- Planning resources and giving clear direction and alignment to all teams