About the role
Careem is looking for a strategic ‘People Engagement Partner to lead our People Engagement activities in Iraq and Jordan. The position can be based in Jordan while travel to Iraq is required up to 50% of the time. Being part of the people engagement cohort, you will be driving our People initiatives and support our growing family.
The ideal candidate has experience in fast-paced, dynamic environments and can help scale/manage our rapid growth. We are seeking someone who can thrive in ambiguous situations, while fostering a collaborative, open, and fun culture!
This is a great opportunity to be part of the region’s most successful startups and an essential member in building the pillars of culture at Careem.
● Strategically partner with the stakeholders in identifying areas of improvement and opportunities to increase business efficiency while identifying solutions that have short and long term impact
● Advise and guide our colleagues on all aspects of leadership capability, e.g. performance, collaboration, team working, set and achieve targets around a high performing business function
● Provide expertise in designing and delivering targeted solutions including strategic planning, change management, and team building
● Assess colleagues’ development needs and make recommendations for appropriate solutions
● Coach leadership teams to effectively manage their people in line with the people policy, procedure and people business plans to develop functional business performance whilst managing business risk
● Guide and support business leaders in the introduction and implementation of initiatives developed to drive operating efficiency and effectiveness
●Own colleague lifecycle from Engagement, retention, development and mobility.
● 7-8 years experience as a people business partner in a rapidly growing environment
● Strong desire to help others and intellectual curiosity about people and organization challenges
● Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently
● Effective influencer, communication, and interpersonal skills; great listener
● Analytically driven; fluent with data-driven analysis
● Comfortable working in a constantly changing environment
● Experience in helping organizations scale while maintaining core cultural values
● Fluent in Arabic and English