Come join the Logistics Infrastructure engineering team and help transform 30 million lives in the Greater MENA region. Whether it’s getting from one point to another, getting food delivered to you, or seamlessly sending packages across the city, our tech is there, creating amazing experiences for our customers and helping empower our Captains (drivers) to simplify and improve the lives of people. The team you will join is building the region’s premier logistics platform which helps create opportunities for millions of people in one of the most dynamic and diverse regions in the world and serve our 2 and 3 sided Marketplace!
Our team is seeking highly motivated and talented individuals who are passionate about creating stellar experiences for our Customers and Captains and build amazing technology at a massive scale. We work on cutting-edge technology and with a diverse set of talented individuals across many geographies.
About the role
We’re hiring a Software Engineer II in our Dubai office to join our geographically distributed Logistics Infrastructure team. You will help build out our next-generation Logistics Platform that will power all of Careem’s logistics. The platform manages logistics infrastructure like maps, location awareness, marketplace health, geofence locations, and helps shape the availability of Captains in our cities.
What You'll Do
- Work independently to understand functional specifications and deliver complete features.
- Write high-quality, performant, and reliable code while working on defined tasks/bugs independently.
- Participate in the on-call rotation and be willing to jump in and help resolve any incidents within the defined SLA.
- Participate in team agile processes and practices, contribute to their continuous evolution.
- Work closely with other engineers on the team to build highly scalable and robust backend services.
- Work with a cross-functional team to address specific business problems.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or another related technical field.
- Domain experience in logistics and marketplace systems and technologies.
- 5+ years of professional experience in Software Development building scalable microservices.
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, complexity analysis.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Experience with distributed systems at scale in a cloud-based environment.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Good familiarity with the AWS services (Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Elastic Search, Dynamo)
- Experience working on containers (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with Reactive programming in Java, Golang, Nodejs, PHP, Spring Boot, and a deep understanding of DI frameworks.
- Strong focus on customers and operational excellence.
What we offer
- A competitive salary and package.
- A diverse team and inclusive culture.
- A globally distributed, remote-first company and team.
- Unlimited vacation.
- A focus on individual learning and development.
- The opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in one of the most dynamic regions of the world.