Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region's ride-hailing economy, Careem has expanded services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than two million job opportunities in the region:
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to drive sales and partnerships with different industries, private & governmental companies. The person in this role has a distinct opportunity to make a tremendous impact on the region and the trajectory of the company.
The role reports into the GM of Jordan, the main responsibilities of the role are the following:
- Actively source and originate opportunities in sales and partnerships;
- Acquire, develop & maintain corporate strategic accounts and partnerships;
- Manage complex contract negotiations across different vertical businesses;
- Acquire and manage Loyalty partners on Careem Rewards program;
- Manage the onboarding process of corporate accounts and partners post signing;
- Lead the implementation of partnerships with different stakeholders;
- Support billing and collection cycle for corporate and loyalty accounts;
- Maintain an active and healthy opportunities pipeline/funnel;
- Analyse corporate accounts and partnership portfolio and customer pipeline accordingly;
- Report sales and partnerships opportunities to stakeholders.
Key Performance Indicators
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an obsessive focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: shooting for the moon, being of service and conveying strong ownership.
- 7+ years experience as Sales Leader or Business Development Manager in a high-performing organisation
- Experience working with various industry accounts from different sectors
- Strong account management, relationship building and process management skills
- Skilled negotiator with deal management skills
- Ability to craft and articulate solutions that create win-win outcomes and excite
- A solid understanding of the company's market and verticals: products, players, technologies, and a solid foundation of contacts in related markets
- Regional exposure across MENA building experience working with different cultures
- Technology background and experience is a plus
- Analytical thinker and figures oriented through reporting