About the Role
Careem Grocery is a hyperlocal, on-demand eCommerce platform that offers customers access to a variety of supermarkets, convenience stores, pharmacies and specialty merchants. As an exciting new vertical within Careem (a startup within a startup), we’re in the early stages of launching our product and have many interesting, yet fundamental challenges to solve in order to achieve our ambitious growth goals in this burgeoning space.
Careem is seeking a customer-centric, resourceful, and driven account manager to oversee our partnerships with grocery, pharmacy and specialty merchants. This role will report to the Partnerships Manager, working closely with a range of cross-functional partners including Operations, Legal, Marketing and Product to secure partnerships and ultimately achieve our shared objectives with our partners. You will contribute to the future strategy of this fast growing business identifying what's next and making it happen.
What you will do
- Execute on Grocery and adjacent partnership opportunities, collaborating closely with operations, marketing, legal and product to develop and execute roadmaps and plans with our partners that drive long-term growth and maintain strategic alignment.
- Secure account closures and generate partner revenue against pre-defined targets and objectives.
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach and efficiently communicate the specific value proposition for the partner's business and use case.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of our business
- Consult with Operations and Product teams to help shape product development in support of partner needs.
- Optimize visibility, minimize churn and manage stakeholders perception.
- Work closely with the growth and analytics teams to understand effectiveness of partnerships and events.
- Hustle: take ownership and do what it takes to get the job done!
What you’ll need
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer centricity, and a strong alignment with our core values and purpose.
- Experience working in a fast paced sales and account management environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with internal, cross-functional teams as well as external organizations
- Strong strategic thinking skills, business acumen and thought leadership.
- Track record of business accountability, consistently exceeding goals.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well