Product Manager II (Integrity)
At Careem, we are driven by the purpose of simplifying the lives of people and building an awesome organisation that inspires. Based in Dubai, we started our journey as a pioneer of the Middle East’s ride-hailing economy. Today, Careem is the region’s everyday Super App operational in 13 countries and over 100 cities. The Super App provides a host of daily services that people need to move around, to order things and to transfer money in one unified smartphone app. Our goal is to simplify people’s daily lives so that they can spend their precious time and mindshare on things that really matter and on realizing their potential.
We built the first multi-billion dollar tech startup from Dubai with presence in 100+ cities across 11 countries. We joined Uber officially in early 2020. We grew and attracted top global talent and grew a culture for bold ambitions, shooting for the moon, innovation with tight constraints, and being Careem/gracious.
As a product manager for Integrity, you are expected to strengthen the Fraud mission of ensuring trustworthy transactions across Careem in delivering delightful experiences. You will be responsible for reducing fraud and abuse working closely with all verticals of Careem. You will have tremendous ownership, and it is an invitation to do the most meaningful work of your career.
- Work on a clear decision framework around launching new services, drive readiness plans, risk assessment, and post launch performance.
- Work with the anti-fraud & integrity vendors assessment, relations, pilots, integrations, and performance.
- Monitor product performance, understand the “why” of your domain, and propose improvements.
- Partner with Finance and Business Leaders to manage the impact to profitability of the overall business.
- Deliver on meeting annual goals for Careem to reduce fraud losses and abuse with strong execution and alignment on what matters.
- Contribute to the roadmap for the fraud platform, rules, and machine learning models.
- Manage both the tactical fire fighting incidents and the strategic approach for fire prevention around payment and financial services.
- Stakeholder management and alignment with financial statement line-items.
- Strong product management experience, preferably across Integrity & including areas of fraud and how it permits to digital payments, working closely with engineering, data science, integrity Ops and reviewers.
- Strong track record in delivering results and demonstrating agility in combating highly-adversarial attack patterns around financial fraud and fake accounts, account takeover, and inauthentic coordinated behaviors.
- Effective in influencing policies and org-wide product features and roadmaps to fix and prevent product and policies loop-holes.
- Understanding of ML techniques and anti-fraud tools on the market and their positioning.
- Comfortable in managing pressure and keeping a calm and structured work environment.
- Comfortable in navigating uncertainty in a fast paced environment, with a high level of autonomy.