About the Role
Careem Grocery is a hyperlocal, on-demand eCommerce platform that offers customers access to a variety of supermarkets, convenience stores, pharmacies and specialty merchants. As an exciting new vertical within Careem (a startup within a startup), we’re in the early stages of launching our product and have many interesting, yet fundamental challenges to solve in order to achieve our ambitious growth goals in this burgeoning space.
Job Purpose - As a Manager - Growth Operations, you will champion key, cross functional initiatives across a variety of areas (product, ops, sales, marketing, etc) and work closely with our markets and product teams to drive successful implementation of our commercial strategy in order to achieve our ambitious growth targets.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong set of fundamental business skills - analytical ability, business acumen, strong communication and project management - with a keen curiosity, sense of ownership, and desire to work on a wide range of projects in a highly dynamic environment.
What you will do
- Program/Project Management: Be a resourceful, go-getting multitasker, supporting large, cross-functional initiatives across a variety of areas (product, ops, sales, marketing,etc)
- Launch and Scale Products: Act as the key interface/PMO for all product/pilot/feature launches by supporting product rollouts, governing go-to-market processes, PMF configurations/experimentation, and driving adoption
- Product Planning/Development: Collaborate with markets to garner close understanding of their needs, collate their requirements/feedback and integrate into product plans. Partner closely with Product Managers to understand and align the roadmap and individual features with business strategy commercial realities. Act to unblock any challenges to keep us moving at pace.
- Commercial Support: Assist GM and Commercial Directors in market in formulating and executing commercial strategy for the market. Drive the implementation of strategic and operational plans, monitor performance of our businesses, and proactively identify opportunities to improve growth, revenue and PMF
- Process Improvement: Monitor service experience and health to identify the biggest operational gaps, inefficiencies, and risks, and collaborate with various teams to deliver solutions. To do so, you need to interpret and transform data into insights and tangible action plans. Scale this impact across markets by defining and driving implementation of best practices.
- Develop Relationships: Foster strong relationships with markets and functional teams to ensure efficient and productive working relationships, as well as ensuring understanding of their individual contexts and needs to collate and consider in our strategy and plans
- Strategy & Planning: Input into strategy definitions and support planning cycles leveraging close knowledge of business performance, operations and product
What you’ll need
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer centricity, and a strong alignment with our core values and purpose.
- Relevant and proven experience in tech, consulting, business intelligence, PMO and/or strategy. Ideally coming from a start-up background.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills with exposure to senior partners, cross-functional teams and global teams
- Sophisticated analytical capabilities, including knowledge of statistics. Bonus points for technical ability in SQL.
- Experience in defining solutions to complex, strategic topics with a deeply analytical approach to issues
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
- Self-starter - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away