Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride- hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires.
Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 100+ cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region and host over 30 million users.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will lead a team of amazing engineers to improve the developer experience for engineers at Careem PAY. You will partner with engineering leaders across Careem to ensure alignment about engineering challenges and opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of software engineers in implementing high quality services including design, development, and deployment of new business functionality.
- Allocate available resources to meet operating objectives. Interacts with direct reports, customers and peers to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
- Assist your teams in developing roadmaps for system and product growth, then identify, plan, and execute projects to support that growth
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Experience solving large-scale engineering challenges
- Encourages and supports others to take on responsibility, authority, and accountability.
- You have strong software engineering skills with strong competencies in design & architecture.
- Working knowledge of at least one of these Java, C++, Python.
- Deep understanding of how to build scalable distributed systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training,
- fellowship, or work experience.
- You’ll have several years of serving in either an engineering management role or a senior engineering team lead role.
- Demonstrate ability to run and improve technical development processes