Careem Express is Careem's B2B last mile delivery vertical with partners ranging from grocery stores, restaurants, pharmacies and large e-commerce players. Careem Express has enjoyed one of the largest growth rates of any vertical at Careem and the journey is only beginning. The Express team works as a startup within a startup - so if you enjoy being in a fast paced, high growth and team oriented environment this could be the right place for you.
About the role
Our team is seeking highly motivated and talented individuals who are passionate about creating stellar experiences for our customers and build amazing technology at a massive scale. We work on cutting edge technology and with a diverse set of talented individuals across many geographies.
As a Frontend (web) Engineer on our Careem Express team, you will be a part of a cross-functional team developing highly scalable and reliable web applications and services that our customers and partners use every day. You will work with a group of highly talented and motivated individuals to help shape the experiences that our users interact with every day on the Careem platform and that enable the business success of our partners. Your focus will be around creating an extensible set of web applications and services, building core merchant experience functionality which works in a hybrid online/offline manner
- Write high quality, performant and reliable code (including testing) while working on defined tasks/bugs independently.
- Work independently to understand functional specifications and deliver complete features.
- Participate in the on-call rotation and be willing to jump in and help resolve any incidents within the defined SLA.
- Participate and lead team agile processes and practices, contribute to their continuous evolution.
- Work closely with other engineers on the team to build highly scalable and robust web applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other related technical fields.
- 8+ years of experience in web development
- Solid working experience with React
- Solid HTML, CSS and JS experience and understanding
- Proficiency in TypeScript and modern JS (ES6+)
- (S)CSS Modules, responsive design and solid UI/UX understanding and best practices
- Experience with one or more of the UI frameworks like Ant Design, Bootstrap, Material Design
- Client side state management: Redux, React Context
- Testing frameworks: Jest, React Testing Lib
- JS ecosystem tooling: webpack, ESLint
- Understanding of how modern browsers work and their limitations
- Client side performance optimizations and best practices
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or other related technical fields.
- React Query experience
- Developing components in isolation using Storybook
- AWS and front end infrastructure knowledge (S3, CDN, CloudFront)
- Familiarity with CI/CD (we use Jenkins)
- Docker experience
What do we offer you?
Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, ownership culture, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and the latest technologies.
Careem gives equal opportunities. All aspects of ownership including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.