At Careem, we are driven by the purpose of simplifying the lives of people and building an awesome organization that inspires. Based in Dubai, we started our journey as a pioneer of the Middle East’s ride-hailing economy. Today, Careem is the region’s everyday Super App operational in 13 countries and over 100 cities. The Super App provides a host of daily services that people need to move around, to order things and to transfer money in one unified smartphone app. Our goal is to simplify people’s daily lives so that they can spend their precious time and mindshare on things that really matter and on realizing their potential.
We're looking for an experience Marketplace Manager who will have the following responsibilities:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Heads one of the most important teams in the operations department.
- Manages the team that is responsible of regulating the ride hailing and delivery marketplaces ensuring the marketplace runs as efficiently as possible.
- Owns all the system settings and controls of the marketplace.
- Works closely with the Product team to provide marketplace insights and to reach marketplace solutions to various business issues, driving forward strategic direction.
- Understand the different captain segments and the market dynamics in Egypt to come up with tailored experiences for different captain segments or based on Category requirements.
- Develops the right incentive schemes for Careem captains to improve captain retention and availability.
- Improves the experience metrics for Careem riders
- A total experience of no less than 7 years.
- Strong analytical skills - 3 years of data analytics experience is desired.
- SQL and shell script experience like Python is highly desired.
- An avid problem solver with strong attention to details
- Excellent presentation skills and expert usage of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Powerpoint.