ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer II to join Careem PAY, among others, you will be working on our wallet and our in-house ledger, a distributed transactional system inspired by blockchain technologies implementing a double-entry accounting book written on spring boot, spring data, MySQL, Cassandra, Kafka, terraform, AWS.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
Key responsibilities include:
- Software architecture and design of our distributed backend system to meet the challenging functional, scalability, security, and reliability requirements for our fast-growing business.
- Integrate components into a fully functional & validated system
- Develop and implement software verification and quality assurance procedures
- Document architecture, designs, and review code
- Continuously strive for higher quality and productivity
- 10+ years of experience in Software development.
- Experience in multi-tiered distributed systems, web services, APIs, and relational & NoSQL databases.
- Experience in cloud-native framework, containers, and Kubernetes
- Strong design and architectural skills
- Extensive backend programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, Spring boot, Go
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions; deal with loosely defined problems and fast-changing requirements & think abstractly.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Able to take individual ownership of a project from start to finish.
- Have experience in the fintech industry
- Competitive remuneration
- Premium medical insurance (including spouse and children)
- Unlimited leave*
- Discounted Careem rides.
- Entrepreneurial working environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentorship and career growth