Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, today Careem is building the region’s everyday Super App and expanding services to include payments, delivery, transportation and more. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 100 cities across 13 countries and has created opportunities for more than 1.5 million people in the region to earn an income.
You will be joining a fast-moving, remote-first, tech enabler with over 1,300 colleagues spread across the region. We are values driven and believe in empowering leaders, teams and colleagues to reach their full potential. Collaboration beats reporting lines and titles at Careem and leaders are expected to work collectively in the best interest of our customers, captains, colleagues and our wider community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a creative and ambitious Social Media Manager to join our global team. Somebody to raise the bar and think outside the box in order to grow Careem’s presence online and establish a strong bond with the community. You will be a member of the central Corporate Affairs team with a focus on our global social media channels. This colleague will be responsible for executing creative campaigns and projects, maintaining the content calendar, tracking performance and interacting with the community.
As a Social Media Manager at Careem you will be responsible for the daily postings across all four central corporate platforms,staying keep informed on changes in the social media universe and supporting the measurement and tracking of our activities. You are expected to quickly identify trends and make sufficient recommendations on how to interact. You have access to a design team and are expected to craftbrief timely and in detailed briefs for in order to establish creative materials for all platforms.
- Execute on Careem’s social media strategy in the form of daily postings that are aligned with the company's strategy as a whole and the comms strategy in specifically.
- Collaborate with MP social media managers on content postings
- Track and measure alongside the global OKRs
- Maintain and develop an up to date solid understanding of social media trends
- Closely collaborate with brand, internal comms, creative, community management and product teams in order to receive and distribute relevant information
- Ensure the security of all social channels, including Mountain Peaks.
- Execute on Social for all global communications campaign (Content, Reporting)
- Develop and execute creative campaigns for global channels.
- Maintain social influencer networks in Mountain Peaks and Basecamp.
- Support presentation of global guidelines and strategies to in-country, local marketing and Social teams, once every quarter.
- Support synergies across-market borders and sharing best practices.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Grow followership, engagement, UGC and positive sentiment across all platforms
- Performance of content on global accounts
- Creativity in developing new content formats that leverage new tools and trends
- Support the drive of influencer engagement across markets
- Reputation and influence of the social team on company strategy
- 3+ years of social media planning/ social media marketing experience: you have a passion for social media and a deep understanding of design, creative and content strategy.
- You’ve built your career in a fast moving, highly dynamic environment, preferably a start-up, telecoms or technology organisation. You have international experience and a global perspective.
- Self-driven: you’re exceptionally organised, have unquestionable integrity and great follow through. You don't get overwhelmed easily and prioritise with skill.
- You can tell simple, compelling stories about what is or isn’t being achieved on social channels.
- Strong functional experience (digital experience is essential): you have a track record of delivering complex multi-country/ city 360 brand campaigns to drive brand growth.
- Along with this deep campaign experience we’re looking for that x-factor combination of hustle, creativity, strategic thinking and passion for social media.
- You are a thinker, a do-er, a go-getter and have a sleepless passion for creativity, and a good sense of humour.
- Outstanding written English is a must, working proficiency in Arabic, Urdu or French are a plus.