At Careem, our mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and create an awesome organisation that inspires. With this vast mission statement, we started by improving transportation and delivery in the region, and now we are expanding into Payment and we’re launching a super-app, hosting multiple Careem and 3rd-party apps, to further simplify and improve people’s everyday life.
We built the first multi-billion dollar tech startup in the MENAP region. The first line of code was written in Pakistan and we built on it further in Dubai and Berlin. We operate in 100+ cities across 11 countries. We joined Uber officially in early 2020. We grew and attracted top global talent and grew a culture for bold ambitions, shooting for the moon, innovation with tight constraints, and being Careem/gracious.
The Careem Analytics team’s mission is to build and track the full lively picture for Careem businesses and experiences, uphold the experience bar, provide actionable insights, formulate problems and contribute to solving them. As the leader of this team, you will be at the forefront of fulfilling this mission. You will be working with and leading the top analyst talent of the region, leveraging modern analysis and visualization tools to solve the region’s day to day problems.
- Lead and grow a Data Analysts team distributed across the globe collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Growing and coaching the analysts to be storytellers of data, giving it a voice and a high signal actionable narrative.
- Collaborate and influence leadership to allow the Data Analytics team’s work to directly impact the organization’s strategy.
- Partner with senior business leaders and partners to manage project intake, pipeline, prioritize, and manage staffing against key initiatives.
- Execute on Product strategy, planning and execution through actionable data insights and data driven concepts.
- Define, instrument, and maintain new and existing business critical metrics, using SQL queries and beyond.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to the data engineering team; collaborate on building / maintaining ETLs, pipelines and automations to ensure we can understand and act on business performance accurately, scalably, with low latency, and minimal manual upkeep.
- Run experiments and develop dashboards and data visualizations to communicate results to leadership. Provide rigorous technical mentorship to the team.
- Ensure data quality by monitoring performance, diagnosing issues, and creating solutions.
- Answer complex business questions via ad-hoc SQL queries to enable business and product owners to make critical decisions.
- Build a fruitful relationship and collaborate with the Analytics counterparts at Uber, Careem’s parent company, in order to leapfrog our tech leveraging Uber’s platforms.
- 8+ years of professional full-time experience working with data teams.
- 3+ years of experience directly managing analytical teams.
- Ability to code Python or R and complex SQL queries.
- Experience building pipelines and ETLs that transform structured and unstructured data sets in large-scale, complex datasets (Hadoop, Hive, Vertica, Presto) into meaningful data models.
- Experience building intuitive and impactful dashboards and data visualizations that drive business decisions (using Tableau, etc.)
- Project management skills- Ability to drive projects end-to-end.
- Communication and stakeholder management skills - Ability to build consensus by clearly communicating and presenting information.
- Teamwork - You care about your team and are passionate about helping them succeed, you love going heads down in SQL, but can also take a step back and understand the big picture.
- Strong experience in setting up, managing, and growing an analytics team.
- Strong track record in delivering high impact from data through leading multiple cross-functional projects.
- Track record of shipping new products and iterating on them over time.
- Track record of attracting and retaining top talent.
- Experience instilling a culture of ownership, collaboration, and results.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, critical thinking, and judgement.