At Careem, we are driven by the purpose of simplifying the lives of people and building an awesome organisation that inspires. Based in Dubai, we started our journey as a pioneer of the Middle East’s ride-hailing economy. Today, Careem is the region’s everyday Super App operational in 13 countries and over 100 cities. The Super App provides a host of daily services that people need to move around, to order things and to transfer money in one unified smartphone app. Our goal is to simplify people’s daily lives so that they can spend their precious time and mindshare on things that really matter and on realizing their potential.
The role holder would be responsible for supporting the global procurement team in building a procurement centre of excellence across Careem, transforming a legacy ad hoc strategy and delivering hard savings across multi-functional spend portfolio, while enabling the business to stay agile while we rapidly scale.
- Support in executing the global procurement strategy for different services categories to deliver optimized procurement and hard cost savings across functions and locations.
- Support in executing special ad hoc projects, such as SRM, supplier consolidation, tail-end spends, etc.
- Managing the fundamentals of sourcing and supplier engagement activities including RFx, spend pattern analysis, contract analysis, bid evaluation, and negotiations.
- Support in executing sourcing initiatives, contracts, and catalogs implementation/maintenance to deliver against business objectives and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Cost saving and controls: Support and drive adoption of tools and processes to increase turnaround times, educate stakeholders, eliminate non-compliant purchasing, and reduce costs significantly while managing rapid growth.
- Developing, implementing, and managing robust market analysis / bench-marking processes; leveraging key-insights to inform and support the category strategy development process.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field
- 2+ years of experience in procurement from telco, FMCG, tech industry preferred.
- Experience in sourcing, including spend assessment, market analysis, understanding trends and defining forecast
- Procurement experience in HR category and other general indirect services categories.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills.