Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
Careem Express is a new vertical in the Careem Ecosystem. Express focuses on solving last mile delivery challenges for various industries including food, grocery, e-commerce, retail and others. We are a start-up within a start-up that looks to simplify and improve the delivery experiences of our merchants and end-customers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position will be responsible for building and enabling a high performing and motivated team in order to drive growth and profitability in their market with support from the Head of Express. This includes commercial responsibilities around merchant acquisition, account management, operations support, cash collection and meeting top and bottom-line objectives.
The person in this post will have ownership and decision making of their market and will have the opportunity to drive tremendous impact in supporting our merchants.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the P&L execution of the market to ensure achievement of ambitious objectives
- Play a key role in defining the market’s strategy and fully own the execution
- Experiment with new operating models to provide relevant services to merchants
- Build deep relationships with key stakeholders with top tiered merchant and lead key negotiations
- Oversee and managing the business development and sales process in country
- Oversee and drive cash collection efforts
- Drive special projects through to implementation with the support of your team
- Build and lead a motivated, bold, and highly operational team
- Understand the product available, gaps to merchant requirements and working with our tech leaders to bridge these gaps
- Work with a cross-functional team of analysts, sales executives, engineers, and product managers to deliver against the team’s KPIs.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, communications, and marketing
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative, wowing customers and acting like an
- Experience delivering against ambitious KPIs
- Experience negotiating challenging contracts balancing short and long-term impact
- Strong data orientation – someone who is always on top of key metrics and implications for the business
- Strong account management, relationship building and process management skills
- Comfort with ambiguous and regularly changing environments
- Ability to craft and articulate solutions that create win-win outcomes with merchants
- A solid understanding of company's market: products, players, technologies, and a rolodex of contacts in related markets
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Technology background and experience working in the region
We’re looking for someone who can take ownership, who is of service and who shoots to the moon and beyond. Is this you? We’re looking forward to seeing your application!
What do we offer you? Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, a flat hierarchy, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and, the latest technologies and full ownership!
#YallaLetsGo #Careem #BeCareem #ToTheMoon