At Careem, our mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and create an awesome organisation that inspires. With this vast mission statement, we started by improving the mobility of people, the mobility of goods, then the mobility of money. We are transforming into a super-app hosting multiple Careem and 3rd-party apps to make everyday life simple.
We built the first multi-billion dollar tech startup in the MENAP region. The first line of code was written in Pakistan and we built on it further in Dubai and Berlin. We operate in 100+ cities across 13 countries. We joined Uber officially in early 2020. We grew and attracted top global talent and grew a culture that is known for bold ambitions, shooting for the moon, innovating with tight constraints, and being ‘Kareem’ [translates to being gracious]
About the role:
As the Head of Product for the consumer payments team, you will be leading and owning products and services that enables the paying experience for customers in a delightful and compliant fashion. The role is based in our Dubai office but will allow for 3 months a year working from anywhere in the world and flexibly from your country of employment (Dubai) thereafter.
What you will do:
- Drive the vision, strategy, and business model for the Careem Pay Consumer Product line.
- Be the evangelist for the consumer product area and own the product roadmap working with a team of product managers, engineers, data and designers.
- Serve as a member of Careem Pay leadership team, identify opportunities to drive the group strategy and greater commercial success across the group portfolio.
- Bring engineering, product, marketing, partners and other cross-functional groups along for the ride on your roadmaps path to success.
- Be a customer champion who understands end-user problems and competitive and market trends in the Identity space
- Be an excellent manager/mentor to Product Managers, hire and retain top-quality talent to build and scale product efforts.
Who you are:
- 15+ years experience in product management with a proven track record of successful product ownership with high business impact.
- 8+ years leadership experience in payments, or consumer-facing financial products
- 5+ years of experience building and leading high performing teams.
- A humble and scrappy get-it-done mindset; you’re comfortable providing thought-leadership based on your expertise and at the same time are not afraid to be tactically involved/get hands-on to drive strategy execution
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills and proven ability to influence senior management (Director, VP+) across different organizations.