Do you want to help build a world-class institution, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
At Careem PAY, our purpose is to empower people to lead better lives by simplifying their payment experiences and access to financial services. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and become the leading digital financial services platform of the region.
About the Role
We are looking for software engineers to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development.
You will build the backend systems that power the Careem engine, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. These large scale, distributed systems handle everything from user requests to payment processing. As a full stack engineer, you will build the frontend web applications / sites for our payment checkout and web sdks.
Our tech stack is Java 8 and Spring Boot, Micro-Service Architecture, SQL and no-SQL DBs, iOS and Android applications, web front-end and AWS infrastructure.
- Development of our distributed backend system to meet the challenging functional, scalability and reliability requirements for our fast growing business.
- Build and ship new features and systems, with an emphasis on code quality, maintainability, readability, and testing.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems across our platform.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- Strong skills in Object-oriented design, data-structures and algorithms.
- Proficiency in Java, Spring Boot, server-side technologies, web-services and REST-Apis (must love coding!)
- Fluency with software engineering tools.
- Ability to: effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions; deal with loosely defined problems and fast changing requirements & think abstractly
- Passionate about learning new technologies and working on a product of massive scale and impact
- Experience working with AWS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Experience in the fintech / payment industry
Nice to have:
- Experience in multi-tiered distributed systems.
- Web services & APIs, and relational & NoSQL databases
- Experience in GoLang, Python, NodeJS, or Kotlin
- Experience of Micro services & building scalable and reliable platforms.
- Experience with cloud-centric application development and deployment